Sometimes I Can Only Wake thru Network

johnvic

HTPC Specs: Show details

Sometimes I Can Only Wake thru Network

Post by johnvic » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:26 pm

Most of the time my WMC wakes via my logitech remote. But every once in a while the only way to wake it is via the Ceton App on my iPhone. When it has happened I've also tried my Haupaugge remote and also tried my Logitech wireless keyboard. This happens maybe once every week or two and I can't see anything that I'm doing differently on those days. I use a stock power saving setting on windows 7.

Any clues, pointers or hints?

deihmos

Post by deihmos » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:00 am

I have the same issue and I doubt there is any way to fix it. Sometimes my remote fails too work too. It has to be something with Ehime IR driver from 2006 because I never have an issue with the nuc built in IR.

Mike88

Post by Mike88 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:41 am

Once every few months my WMC IR remote will not wake the PC but the remote keyboard which uses RF will. One time I noticed the IR receiver's LED was not blinking when pressing the remote's buttons. I use a short USB cable from IR receiver to PC & when I wiggled the cable where it plugs into the PC's USB port the LED blinked. IOW it appeared to have a poor connection. It's been a while & don't recall what I did but the only thing I can think of was cleaning the USB connectors with isopropyl alcohol or electrical contact cleaner. It's not 100% perfect but it greatly reduced the problem.

johnvic

Post by johnvic » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:27 pm

Thanks, I'll try cleaning the connector.