New DTV subchannels - How to request guide data?

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
Ken H

Location: Ann Arbor, home of the NCAA College Football National Champions!

HTPC Specs: Show details

New DTV subchannels - How to request guide data?

Post by Ken H » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:19 pm

Using Windows 7 / WMC

Using both a DTV tuner and CableCard. A local DTV station in my area, WWJ-DT in Detroit, just added a new subchannel. I think I remember there is a way to request Microsoft adding the guide data but I can't find it. Can anyone direct me to the resource?

Thanks in advance.

pittsoccer33

Post by pittsoccer33 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:40 pm

this just happened in my area. after a few weeks or so guide data started being populated.

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:33 pm

feedback@zap2it.com

Don't mention WMC, or finger pointing to M$ will insue. Whatever is on their site is what goes to WMC. So just go to their site to confirm the listing is missing, then provide them with the all the details about the missing channel, your zip, etc., and request that they add it.

Or just be patient. I've never had to wait more than a few days for the guide to update on its own.

They have been very responsive to my requests in the past.

Mike88

Post by Mike88 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:00 pm

CBS / WBBM recently added subchannel 2.2. So I added that to the guide & gave it a name of "Decades" since that's what it's called. The guide added it but also added "WBBMDT2". They are both listed as channel 2.2. Decades has no program data but WBBMDT2 does. So I disabled "Decades" in the guide listing.

But I'd like to actually remove the duplicate channel so that it does not show up anywhere. At one time ABC was broadcasting on 2 channels which gave me 2 guide listings for each of 4 tuners. Somehow I was able to combine the duplicates & reduce the clutter. Does anyone recall how to do that?

Update -
I just found the answer in a thread from almost 2 years ago when I asked the same question. Here's the link i found the answer in.
http://thedigitallifestyle.com/w/index. ... l-merging/

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:40 pm

I've also used Guide Tool for that kind of thing.

Ken H

Post by Ken H » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:06 am

mdavej wrote:feedback@zap2it.com

Don't mention WMC, or finger pointing to M$ will insue. Whatever is on their site is what goes to WMC. So just go to their site to confirm the listing is missing, then provide them with the all the details about the missing channel, your zip, etc., and request that they add it.

Or just be patient. I've never had to wait more than a few days for the guide to update on its own.

Thanks Dave. I'll give it a few days and see what happens.

Decades is the subchannel, it's being added to all 16 CBS O&O stations across the country.
www.decades.com

Mike88

Post by Mike88 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:20 am

Ken H wrote:
mdavej wrote:feedback@zap2it.com

Thanks Dave. I'll give it a few days and see what happens.

Decades is the subchannel, it's being added to all 16 CBS O&O stations across the country.
http://www.decades.com
When I added CBS2 / RF 12 WMC asked for a name so I called it Decades. My guide then listed two channels - Decades with no guide data and the duplicate WBBMDT2 listing had guide data & I did not do anything to update the guide.

What I'm trying to say is that Zap2It has the guide data somewhere in their system but just not listed for your area yet.

Ken H

Post by Ken H » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:46 am

It showed up today.

Thanks again.