WMC says it will only configure 4 of my 6 tuners

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
Billyray520

HTPC Specs: Show details

WMC says it will only configure 4 of my 6 tuners

Post by Billyray520 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:57 pm

I have a Ceton PCIe InfiniTV 6 tuner. When Media center is setting this up, it says only 4 of the tuners can be configured because of the OS? Is that right? :?: I have Windows 7 pro on a HTPC.

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:07 pm

Tunersalad is not necessary with Ceton. Reinstall the Ceton drivers and try again. They have Tunersalad functionality built in.

STC

Post by STC » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:10 pm

Tuner salad is an option but the Ceton drivers should provide support automatically for the six tuners. Make sure your country is set to the U.S. In Windows. As I am in Canada I had to use Tuner Salad.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

choliscott

Post by choliscott » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:34 pm

This is what I do, that will allow for all tuners to be used

1) Close Media Center
2) Open the Ceton Diagnostics tool
3) Go to The Device Tab
4) Click On Reset Network settings. It may prompt you to allow Windows Firewall to access (or something similar), click yes. If you are using other Anti Virus software, then you might see this
5) Click on "Clear Network Configuration". Wait until a message comes up saying that this is complete
6) Click on "Discover Tuners". Wait until a message comes up saying it's complete

7) Start Media Center
8) Attempt to setup the TV signal again. This time it should find all 6 tuners

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:36 am

choliscott wrote:This is what I do, that will allow for all tuners to be used

1) Close Media Center
2) Open the Ceton Diagnostics tool
3) Go to The Device Tab
4) Click On Reset Network settings. It may prompt you to allow Windows Firewall to access (or something similar), click yes. If you are using other Anti Virus software, then you might see this
5) Click on "Clear Network Configuration". Wait until a message comes up saying that this is complete
6) Click on "Discover Tuners". Wait until a message comes up saying it's complete

7) Start Media Center
8) Attempt to setup the TV signal again. This time it should find all 6 tuners
This is exactly how I get mine to work as well.. except I do steps 1-5, Reboot the PC then do steps 6-8. But this has always worked for me as well.
If that for some odd reason doesn't fix it. Uninstall the Ceton Drivers, Reboot and Reinstall them again. The Ceton Drivers should allow you 6 Tuners no problem.
newfiend~

JohnW248

Post by JohnW248 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:17 am

Any time I run into a detection problem, I just open the Ceton Diagnostic Utility and "CLEAR TUNERS" and wait for confirmation and then "FIND TUNERS" and wait for confirmation and then close Media Center and re-open it and proceed to TV set-up.

Has always fixed the problem.

You need to be running the latest Ceton driver for full support. Tuner Salad latest version will allow 32 tuners of each type, not sure of the limit on Ceton but it more than they say they'll support (I think they say they'll support 12, it always finds 15 on my network but I never put that many on a single machine).