New Roku plugin for Eventghost (maybe Now TV too?)

barnabas1969

HTPC Specs: Show details

New Roku plugin for Eventghost (maybe Now TV too?)

Post by barnabas1969 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:30 pm

Just in case anyone is interested, I wrote a new plugin for EventGhost which will control a Roku box over the network. No IR blaster is required, only a network connection. It may also work with "Now TV", which is a product sold by Sky (in the UK) and is simply a re-branded Roku. It should work with all versions of the Roku, based on what I read on the Roku website about the communications protocol. Please let me know if you discover otherwise.

Here's the link:
http://www.eventghost.net/forum/viewtop ... f=9&t=5995

The reason I wrote this is so that I can control the Roku box using the TV's original remote control via the Pulse-Eight HDMI-CEC plugin (available here). I even went so far as to make the Pulse-Eight HDMI-CEC device emulate the Roku (so that the TV thinks that the Roku box is CEC compliant). You could do any number of things with it, like control the Roku using the Media Center remote... or whatever you can imagine using any combination of EventGhost plugins.

xenomatic

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by xenomatic » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:41 am

I get an error in Eventghost log for the Roku plug in that says Error starting plugin: RokuNet Application is not running!
what does this mean? Do I need to install something else?

Thanks