DVD playback stops randomly

webminster

HTPC Specs: Show details

DVD playback stops randomly

Post by webminster » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:52 pm

At end of rope on this one... Windows 7 64 SP1, GT430 (several driver versions tried), Shark007 addons (4.0.7 currently), My Movies 4.06...

Playing DVD rips from AnyDVD recent versions, playback wil sometimes just stop and I'm thrown back to the MyMovies detail page. I can usually resume playback from that, although the video may be frozen (unless I hit stop and try to resume again). It may do this 3-5 times in the course of a movie.

I've tried the hotfix in MS KB article 2427341, even though it seems specfic to having subtitles enabled (which they aren't), to no good.

Has anyone else wrestled with this problem?
-Alan
-Alan

webminster

Post by webminster » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:37 am

A new PC build, new install of Windows 7... hoped I had this fixed but happened twice on a DVD rip playback tonight. One thing I had discovered - it's not exactly "random". The stop coincides with a scheduled recording stop. If there's some scheduled recording running that completes while the DVD playback is going, playback of the DVD (ripped TS folder) may just stop. Don't understand what could be tripping WMC into stopping playback, because ehvid starts running, or some other completely bizarre coincidence...
-Alan

webminster

Post by webminster » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:43 pm

Talking to myself...

I uninstalled a hotfix kb2746119 installed to fix a different problem, hoping that might have caused this, didn't help. I'm playing back ripped TS_VIDEO from DVDs, and to test I started some stuff recorded. Moment of recordings ending, the DVD playback stopped and returned to MyMovies detail page.

Driving me crazy, but no clue how to figure out what is happening here. Was running MM 4.x before, running 5.11 now and still have problem. Assume it's some crazy Windows problem, but no idea how the recording stop figures into playback.
-Alan

webminster

Post by webminster » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:57 pm

Huh... it just stopped playback when something /started/ recording...
-Alan

threxel

Post by threxel » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:10 pm

I actually have a similar issue, but it manifests itself differently. Anything I watching will bring me to the recorded shows section of WMC and will not let me out of it for a good minute. I have to try and switch to different things in order to get back to the live or recorded show I was watching. I had a suspicion that it was related to a program that started or stopped recording as it always seems to happen at around the hour or 1/2 past. Wonder if its related.