Missing metadata when recorded movies are moved

mrsilver

HTPC Specs: Show details

Missing metadata when recorded movies are moved

Post by mrsilver » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:59 pm

Hi all,

I'm helping someone who wants to move all recorded movies into a different location so that they don't show up in "Recorded TV". The twist is that they want to use the native "Movies" option within W7MC.

The solution so far is:
  • Create a new folder (eg. D:\Recorded Movies)
  • Add this folder to the movies section with Tasks > Settings > Media Libraries, selecting Movies and then adding the new location (in this case, D:\Recorded Movies)
  • Run my Move_TV_Films to automatically move the films to that folder - using the command line move_tv_films.exe /R "D:\Recorded Movies"
Now none of the films are listed in "Recorded TV" and are in "Movies" (yay!) - however none of them have any metadata, even though it's clearly embedded in the files.

I've tried the following folder structures:
  • D:\Recorded Movies\Sharknado 2 (2014)\Sharknado 2 (2014).wtv
  • D:\Recorded Movies\Sharknado 2 (2014).wtv
  • D:\Recorded Movies\Sharknado 2_Pick_2015_01_28_22_31_33.wtv
and whilst all of them show the film in "Movies", none of them show any meta-data.

Any ideas on what can be done?

richard1980

Post by richard1980 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:09 am

You need something like YAMMM to grab the metadata from an external source. Once you determine what program you are going to use to grab metadata, you use a file/folder naming convention that works with that program.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:17 am

What application is supposed to dig the metadata out of the file? Is it's service running. Does the naming convention match the IMDb database?

Assuming YAMMM check the following:

•D:\Recorded Movies\Sharknado 2 (2014)\Sharknado 2 (2014).wtv is incorrect

Rename it like this, it'll probably work after that, assuming you have YAMMM's service running. D:\Recorded Movies\Sharknado 2: The Second One (2014)\Sharknado 2: The Second One (2014).wtv

http://www.imdb.com/find?ref_=nv_sr_fn& ... nado&s=all
Attachments
Yammm.zip
(161.34 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
Sharknado.JPG

mrsilver

Post by mrsilver » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:39 am

Cheers guys, I'd forgotten that YAMMM can get the metadata for the file and put it in the correct location for WMC to read.

As for the file name, this could be a problem as the title was taken from the metadata provided by the channel. Hopefully YAMMM is able to do fuzzy matching, otherwise some manual editing may be required once in a while.

(I suppose I could add IMDb look-ups to my code, but it's a lot of work and there doesn't seem to be that much demand for it)