No Signal & No Tuner errors - Why is this so hard?

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
mmurley

HTPC Specs: Show details

No Signal & No Tuner errors - Why is this so hard?

Post by mmurley » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:35 am

Every night. Every day. It's always something.

Tonight, suddenly, I can't record two shows simultaneously because (1) first there was no signal on that channel (until I went to the HTPC and restarted WMC) and then (2) there was no tuner (! I have an Infini-TV 6 ETH and the device web page shows all tuners up and ready) and now there is no signal AND no tuner - even though the Ceton diagnostics show that channel successfully tunes.

Does anyone have any of this 'equipment' that is reliable?

ETA: So I start poking around the channels - I got nothing. Every channel shows "Service Unavailable" EXCEPT for the one channel I'm recording.

RyC

Post by RyC » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:06 am

You should buy an HDHR Prime from amazon, see if it fixes your problems, if it doesnt, return it for a full refund including shipping. Seems like you just aren't having any luck with the ETH

Ed 

Post by Ed  » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:25 am

I second the suggestion to give the HDHR a test drive.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:04 am

How hard is it to make a System Image, or to create a System Restore point and label it Pre-Experiment. At least half of the problems that pop up around here could be solved with those 2 simple little choices. Rarely is there ever a hardware failure unless the house gets struck by lightning. And when there is a hardware problem, it can usually be cleared with a cold boot.

Shut down everything that uses your tuners, Cold boot the tuners and TA if you have one. If the cold boot doesn't fix it.....

Try this...open up a command prompt and type in perfmon /rel Look through the data and pick a date when everything was good.

Go back to the command prompt and type rstrui.exe Restore to the date you chose in the previous suggestion.

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:54 pm

I would also recommend an HDHR Prime. One of our members is selling three units for $70 each shipped. Not bad.

I have an HDHR Prime and I have no errors or nonsense whatsoever. The only time it's rebooted is when there is a power failure; "it just works".
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:25 pm

If you haven't already, uninstall (not disable) any antivirus/firewall software you have installed, update your NIC drivers, install the latest InfiniTV 6 ETH beta firmware, and install this hotfix: https://support.microsoft.com/kb/2746119

If the issue persists, open a support ticket at http://cetoncorp.com/support/
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

Viventis

Post by Viventis » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:58 pm

I was having the same problems with two different Ceton devices. I bought a HDHR Prime and have not had a single issue in a month. My thought is that the tolerance for low or intermittent cable signal strength and/or quality is higher with the Prime.

cKuR6

Post by cKuR6 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:38 pm

I feel your pain. All I've done since having mine is troubleshoot, remove all security from my system, and upgrade hardware.... yet I still can't go a week without missing a recording due to some error. I'm going to give this a shot: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2708283

You weren't by chance tuning on the device webpage were you? I've noticed that stopping something manually on the device webpage can cause WMC to tell me I have less tuners than I really do....... Manually tune it back to a real channel in the device webpage, restart WMC, and it/they (tuner/tuners) reappear/s.