Multiple Echo Question

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
dejavux2

HTPC Specs: Show details

Multiple Echo Question

Post by dejavux2 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:43 pm

Hello,

I already have one Echo (not much of a fan). I put this one in my daughter's room. I went through the Extras Gallery and the Echo setup. I eliminated all strips exept for Customs. My daughter uses this for Media Browser 3 (LOVE IT)..and it works pretty good on the Echo. When the Echo starts, she selects MB3, chooses her name, and she can only watch what I told the MB Server to allow her to watch.

I'm thinking of getting another one for another room. My son is a little older, and I would like to give him the ability to view the Recorded TV.

I know the Echos use the Echo program installed on the HTPC with WMC.

My question is, since I've already setup the Echo in my daughter's room with everything eliminated except for MB3, will this affect the second Echo, or will I do the same with the second one and it will maintain it's own settings?

Basically, do multiple Echos have their own customization, or will they all act the same?

Thank you for any help you can give!

tad

Post by tad » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:16 pm

They maintain their customization independently of each other. A second one should work fine for you.

The only way the settings would be applied to both echos would be if you edited the menu on your main HTPC (i.e., using media center studio or something similar).

dejavux2

Post by dejavux2 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:18 am

That is great! Thank you!!