I've got a late Christmas present for you guys

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
erkotz

HTPC Specs: Show details

I've got a late Christmas present for you guys

Post by erkotz » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:26 pm

Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

UCBearcat

Post by UCBearcat » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:05 pm

I've read the word doc several times, but I'm not entirely sure I know what it's really trying to say. Perhaps I need someone to dumb this down for me.
Was there a widespread issue that was causing the OCUR to refuse to tune copy protected channels? (and I wasn't affected)
Or was there an issue in which CopyFree local channels were being marked as copy protected by the cable operators?
Or does this mean that the OCUR can simply ignore the CCI flag and WMC will record everything CopyFree regardless of how the Cable operator pushes the stream?

Really, I don't know what to do with this information. :oops: :oops: :oops:

JohnW248

Post by JohnW248 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:14 pm

Thanks, everything helps and I'm glad you got this through.

Now if we could get the CCI/DRM tied to the HomeGroup and not the computer, that would be a great step forward.

John

RyC

Post by RyC » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:17 pm

I think this is the issue on some recent cablecard firmware versions where CCI info was completely absent so analog copy protection kicked in? Or maybe I'm completely wrong haha

cwinfield

Post by cwinfield » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:18 pm

[quote="UCBearcat"]I've read the word doc several times, but I'm not entirely sure I know what it's really trying to say. Perhaps I need someone to dumb this down for me.
Was there a widespread issue that was causing the OCUR to refuse to tune copy protected channels? (and I wasn't affected)
Or was there an issue in which CopyFree local channels were being marked as copy protected by the cable operators?
Or does this mean that the OCUR can simply ignore the CCI flag and WMC will record everything CopyFree regardless of how the Cable operator pushes the stream?

Really, I don't know what to do with this information. :oops: :oops: :oops:[/quote

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 420#p82420 post #6 explains it the best. It is a problem with a certain kind of cablecard.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:43 pm

This is a good thing - it allows us to ignore legacy copy protection, and only honor CCI moving forward. Essentially, this change allows us to fixes two issues customers had:
-ClearQAM stations having copy protection
-Copy Freely stations having copy protection with new CableCARD firmware

Firmware supporting the change at http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... =68&t=8352
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

cats22

Post by cats22 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:08 pm

Thank you for your efforts in getting this approved in an incredibly short time, and for getting out the new pre-beta firmware support on the same day!
Thank you for the great support for linux and mythtv. This is fantastic news.
:)