Is My Media Center actively developed?

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
tvalot

HTPC Specs: Show details

Is My Media Center actively developed?

Post by tvalot » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:49 am

Hi,

I really like the My Media Center concept (mainly Windows 8 apps to get the modern UI experience also for PVR), but I get a bit worried in "investing" in it (not the price as it is pretty cheap, but more the time needed to configure it) as the last release seems to be from 2013.

So, two questions:
1. Is My Media Center Services and its corresponding Mobile apps for Windows 8 actively developed?
2. If not, do anyone know a good alternative for PVR on Windows? Preferably in the modern UI style (so PVR can coexist nicely with the Netflix app, the Plex app, etc).

Thanks!

kingwr

Post by kingwr » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:56 pm

You may want to post in a Ceton forum and hope for an official response. But Ceton hasn't had any "active" development in the Media Center (or the consumer) space for well over a year, as far as I can tell. They'll still gladly sell you legacy hardware products, though.

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:18 pm

What you've described (Win 8 apps for modern UI experience for PVR), is NOT My Media Center by Ceton. My Media Center is simply a WMC management and control tool for smart phones. Can you post a link to what you're talking about?