Hauppauge HVR-1250 - No channels found error

bgbundy

HTPC Specs: Show details

Hauppauge HVR-1250 - No channels found error

Post by bgbundy » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:00 am

This past Friday my WinTV 1250/1255 plus Windows Media Center (running Win 7 x64) suddenly just showed a red screen with a couple of areas of pixelation. I could not change channels or anything. So I rebooted.

I tried to reset WMC, but when it scans for channels it just says "No channels were found. Make sure your TV equipment is properly connected to the computer" (TV Setup > TV Channel Scan). It is properly connected.

I installed the WinTV software, and it finds all of the QAM channels just fine, but I like the WMC UI much better.

Several attempts at deleting the WinTV software, deleting the drivers and doing re-installs have yielded no positive results.

I have taken the card out and even tried a 2250 WinTV card with the same results.

I removed WMC, rebooted, added it back and tried again with the same results.

The hardware works or else the WinTV app would not show channels. I don't think it is hardware related. I have turned off my Windows firewall and disabled Eset Antivirus, but that didn't help either.

Has anyone else had WMC suddenly not get channels on a Hauppauge HVR-1250? :wtf: