Echo turns OFF after 3 Minutes

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
mmurley

HTPC Specs: Show details

Echo turns OFF after 3 Minutes

Post by mmurley » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:40 am

Not rebooting.

Turns OFF. Almost exactly 3 minutes. Did a support ticket and got the normal 'send a diagnostic'. Which I just did - while it was on... then two minutes later it turned it self off.

I'll bet the diagnostic won't show anything (because it was on and it's probably a hardware issue).

This is a new issue. It had been running fine (except for the constant tinkering you have to do with the cable card and WMC), however this is the Echo that when I lose power (daily for a second or so - just enough to make the microwave blink) or unplug it shows "MAC: unknown" and "IP: unknown" until you hard boot it 2-50 times (there's a ticket on that too, they wanted to remotely recover the MAC address, which it didn't need because I CAN get it to finally boot properly BUT it shouldn't do that).

Does Ceton EVER issue an RMA? I mean, if my Echo caught fire would Ceton say "see if you can duplicate the problem and send a diagnostic"?

tapout72

Post by tapout72 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:56 am

Sounds like the windows 7 update.

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 400#p83400

Uninstall update KB3004394 and all should be good.

mmurley

Post by mmurley » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:55 am

Did that and rebooted. Then rebooted again. It worked after the second reboot.