Echo Only Buzzes During Playback - Xbox One HDMI

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
bjstick

HTPC Specs: Show details

Echo Only Buzzes During Playback - Xbox One HDMI

Post by bjstick » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:14 pm

I have my Echo connected to the HDMI pass through on my Xbox One and the Echo produces a loud buzzing during video playback. The sound is fine in the menus and during the start up of Media Center. I used this setup about 10 months ago without issue, but since then there have been a few updates to the Xbox One. Additionally I rolled my Echo back to the 3.04 firmware from 3.20 due to crashing issues when the Echo was connected to a different TV. I'm not sure which of these is causing my issue, if either. Does anyone else use a setup like this? I opened a ticket with Ceton to see if I could get the 3.20 firmware back but haven't received a reply.

cwinfield

Post by cwinfield » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:24 am

Does it do it when dolby digital bitstream is on or off?

bjstick

Post by bjstick » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:39 am

If you are referring to the audio settings on the Xbox, it does it with it both on and off. It also does it in every other audio setting I tried unfortunately.

cwinfield

Post by cwinfield » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:20 am

The second option is what I'm referring to.

bjstick

Post by bjstick » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:41 pm

Turning off bitstream on both the Echo and the Xbox One, along with applying the Xbox One system update that came out last week, has resolved my issue. I'm not sure which did the trick, but thanks!