New CableCard Detected

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
mldenison

HTPC Specs: Show details

New CableCard Detected

Post by mldenison » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:16 pm

Anybody else get a WMC message, "New CableCard Detected"?

I have to run through the CableCard setup or the HTPC, and Echos, get the "Subscription Required" message while viewing Live TV. Once the CableCard messages start, I'll keep getting them until I reboot the ETH's and HTPC even though I dutifully go through the setup.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:06 pm

mldenison wrote:Anybody else get a WMC message, "New CableCard Detected"?

I have to run through the CableCard setup or the HTPC, and Echos, get the "Subscription Required" message while viewing Live TV. Once the CableCard messages start, I'll keep getting them until I reboot the ETH's and HTPC even though I dutifully go through the setup.
This typically means your CableCARD reset. Make sure the CableCARD is inserted and uninstall any antivirus-firewall software that you may have installed.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

mldenison

Post by mldenison » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:58 pm

Both CableCards have been installed in the ETH's for months. I only use Microsoft Security Essentials and Windows 7 firewall. No other antivirus/firewall software has ever been installed.

nxsfan

Post by nxsfan » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:18 am

I saw this happen a lot when I was having network issues between my HTPC and Ceton Eth 6. I only realised it was a software issue when I started logging the CableCard status directly from the Ceton Eth web interface and saw that the CableCard was never dropped despite many "CableCard Detected" dialogs on my HTPC.

For me the resolution was to use a cheaper 100mbit switch or to disable Energy Efficient Ethernet on the HTPC.

mldenison

Post by mldenison » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:56 pm

It appears that the Cat6 cable from the HTPC 1GBS Intel NIC to my NetGear managed router was at fault. The speed was randomly dropping to 100MBS. I've changed out the cable and it's been holding 1GB.