Media Center won't tune, stays black or blue

chambonito

HTPC Specs: Show details

Media Center won't tune, stays black or blue

Post by chambonito » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:46 pm

Please help! My media center has been flawless and I just noticed it is not recording channel 3 here in Las Vegas. I have re setup the hdhomerun tuners and media center all over again and still get only a blue or black screen on channels 3.1 3.2 and 3.3. Funny thing is I can pull up quicktv with the hdhomerun and I get the channels fine....any advise would be appreciated. It has happened in the last week and no new updates have been processed.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:42 pm

http://www.silicondust.com/forum2/viewt ... 15&t=15347

Does this sound like it might work for you?

To correct the situation, go into Tasks > Settings > TV > Guide > Edit Channels > affected channel > Edit Sources. Open HDHomeRun Setup alongside this. In WMC, you'll see all the different sources you have for each channel. If you mouse over the different sources, it will show you at the bottom the channel number it is on. Disregarding the parts after the . and -, compare this to the channel listed in the Tune column for that channel in HDHomeRun Setup, and uncheck the ones that don't match. For example, for KTVUDT, there will be entries in WMC that say 44.1 and 48.1. For most people, HDHomeRun Setup will list 44-3 for that channel. This means that 44.1 will be left enabled, and 48.1 needs to be disabled. Repeat for any other affected channels.

dmagerl

Post by dmagerl » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:47 pm

This is from Wikipedia, there certainly has been some shenanigans with the station 6 days ago. If changing the station's sources doesnt fix the problem, you can try adding the station manually with the proper physical and logical channels.

"On November 1, 2014, KSNV began the process of swapping signals with KVMY; KVMY moved its MyNetworkTV programming to a subchannel of KVCW, which was replaced by a simulcast of KSNV-DT's programming. Additionally, the two stations swapped virtual channel numbers, which moved KVMY to channel 3, and KSNV to channel 21. On November 4, 2014, the call letters on KVMY's license were changed to KSNV, and the existing KSNV license changed its call letters to KVMY. These moves effectively put KSNV under Sinclair ownership using its existing channel 21 license, although it is not yet known what will be done with the previous channel 3 license.[6] A similar swap occurred during Sinclair's acquisition of WCIV, in which its ABC programming and call sign were moved to another Sinclair-owned signal, and the previous WCIV channel 4 license (re-named WMMP) was sold to a minority-owned broadcaster that has a business relationship with Sinclair.[10][11]"