InfiniTV PCIe 6 - Stuttering and Pixelation

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
epayson85

HTPC Specs: Show details

InfiniTV PCIe 6 - Stuttering and Pixelation

Post by epayson85 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:51 pm

My infiniTV PCIe 6 out of no where is having issues. Every channel it goes to stutters and is pixilated. The best thing is I have a Homerun Prime on the same line and it works perfectly. All the signal rates are at acceptable levels. I have tried switching the cables and same result. The only thing that fixed it was about a week ago I uninstalled all ceton drivers / software. I removed the ceton device from the computer and put it back in. Then installed everything again... and it all worked... for about a week. Here I am again with the same issue. This is my second ceton device.... Unless someone can give me any advice... I am done. I will get another HD Homerun and lose 3 tuners because at least they work.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:36 pm

epayson85 wrote: Unless someone can give me any advice... I am done.
Sounds like you have made up your mind all ready. If you want to sell it PM me.

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:04 pm

Last issue like this I saw posted was due to the recording drive. Failing perhaps or in need of a defrag. Can't explain why Homerun wouldn't have the same issue.

epayson85

Post by epayson85 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:27 pm

I thought the same thing about the drive but it is perfectly fine. I can have 3 recordings going from the HDHomerun with no issues. I also have monitoring software that watches the drives and everything checks out. At one point I got an error last night that ceton couldn't find a signal on one recording then all future recordings after that showed the jumbled mess I am getting.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:06 pm

If you haven't already, please open a support ticket at http://www.cetoncorp.com/support/

Also, please remove (not disable) any antivirus/firewall software that you have installed and see if the issue persists.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

kd6icz

Post by kd6icz » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:28 am

Sounds like a DRM issue. I had that happen once with my ETH and I powered cycled the unit and rediscovered the tuners and all was well after that. When tuned into a garbled channel what does the DRM status say in the Ceton menu?