2 HD Homerun with ATSC

Ask about SiliconDusts HomeRun tuners here.
lhowe2005

HTPC Specs: Show details

2 HD Homerun with ATSC

Post by lhowe2005 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:39 am

Hi,

I'm having some issues setting up WMC (Win7). My current setup is 2 HDHomerun tuners (HDHR4-2US, HDHR3-US). HDHR4 is using an ATSC antenna and HDHR3 is using ClearQAM via TWC. It took me a bit to get the Guide set up correctly for this, but I did, and it's working fine. However, I'm trying to get to the point where I can cut my cable, so I purchased a Winegard FL5500A antenna, and hooked that up to the HDHR3 instead of the cable line. While WMC sees all 4 tuners, the Guide is getting set up strangely. In some cases, it's showing two channels for the same station, which is actually what I want, but other times it's just showing one. Also, in the case where it is showing two channels for the same station, when I select one channel I get a "Conflict" error, and when I select the other channel, WMC dies.

Ideally, what I'd like to do is have the Guide show two channels for each of the channels that duplicate between the two HDHRs, as one antenna brings in specific channels better than the other, sometimes at different times, so I'd like the choice of which antenna to use. On the HDHR config side, I did the Registry hack (sorry can't locate the link right now) to split the two HDHRs into separate "Digital Antenna" tabs in the config screen so that I can have different channels enabled for the two antennas. Unfortunately, that didn't seem to do anything for the WMC setup.

I'm sure it's probably just a naming issue in the Guide for the channels, although I don't know how to link a channel up to a specific HDHR tuner pair. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

wilme2

Post by wilme2 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:14 pm

Right click on a channel, go to edit sources, and you can control which HDHR tuners are used for each channel. I recommend the use of Guide Tool to allow you to easily combine channels. Between the two you should be able to do what you want - but might take a few attempts to understand how they work...

lhowe2005

Post by lhowe2005 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:07 pm

Thanks wilme2, I'll give that a shot.