Some scheduled series recordings are not recording

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
schmerbear10

HTPC Specs: Show details

Some scheduled series recordings are not recording

Post by schmerbear10 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:25 am

Hi,

I have a ceton 4 tuner card. it was working great till about the first of the year. currently almost all but about 10% of my series recordings are not recording. there are no tuner conflicts, and sometimes when it does decide to record something i get maybe 10 minutes of an hour long show, with nothing else recorded around that time. i have deleted my scheduled recordings and reentered them. i have re-installed the ceton drivers. i'm pretty sure it's not a problem with the comcast cable card in it. i can go into the guide and start 4 recordings at the same time. it will record all 4 and play them back. i am running windows 7 untimate 64-bit. 2.99 GHz quad core processor with 5 gigs of ram, and plenty of hard drive space, about 300 gigs open on my C drive. i have a feeling i stepped on a file for WMC at some point, and i'm not sure how to fix it. any suggestions??

unclewoody

Post by unclewoody » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:41 am

I am having a similar problem, starting only within the past few weeks, with an HD Homerun Prime tuner.
I can schedule either by Guide, or by Channel and Time, or even record while watching live, and the recording often stops after anywhere from 3 to 25 minutes.
Some record for the full scheduled time.
Since, when also watching live, the show continues, I rule out the tuner and the cable card.
I have checked the event log, but have no idea what to look for.
The computer is less than three months old, so I doubt that it can be at fault, but I realize that it could be.
Help!!

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:57 am

When something similar happened to me, Playready was the culprit.

Mountainbreeze

Post by Mountainbreeze » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:33 pm

Whenever a recording completes normally, an event is added to "Computer Management/System Tools/Event Viewer/Applications and Services Logs/Media Center" (with an Event ID = 1) similar to the following:

Chicago Fire: The Nuclear Option started recording on 10/21/2014 9:59:01 PM and stopped on 10/21/2014 11:10:01 PM as scheduled.

Are you getting this log entry for your failed recordings?