New InfiniTV 6 ETH not showing up in Media Center

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
eguy

HTPC Specs: Show details

New InfiniTV 6 ETH not showing up in Media Center

Post by eguy » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:46 am

Hello all,

Previous user of the iTV4 USB here, now I have a 6 ETH. I got my cablecard and TA today and everything works great outside of Media Center (went into web GUI and activated the CC. TA is working fine and CC shows as validated. Channels tune fine). When I go to TV setup on any computer it fails to find any tuners. I had a HD Homerun Dual and Hauppauge QAM tuner installed previously and removed the HD Homerun Dual to replace it with the Ceton. All it finds now are my 2 ClearQAM tuners and no cablecard. On another computer it says no tuners are installed at all. When I go into the Ceton Diagnostics I see questions marks under the firmware and hardware versions and none of the pages load properly. It is hit or miss whether it even finds the 6 ETH. The update tab just says failed to check for update. I did update the firmware manually through the web GUI to 14.4.6.21 but it hasn't worked at all since I opened the box. Is this a hardware fault of the 6 ETH? Anyone know of this problem?

Running Windows 7 SP1 on all the computers. I submitted a support ticket and have not heard back yet.

smcmillan2

Post by smcmillan2 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:53 pm

eguy wrote:I got my cablecard and TA today and everything works great outside of Media Center
Not according to your screenshots, as the Ceton diags fail to find the ETH.

What firewall/antivirus are you running? That's probably the most common culprit, if you are using anything but the built-in Windows firewall disable it. If you are using a 3rd party antivirus remove it (uninstall completely).

eguy

Post by eguy » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:38 pm

smcmillan2 wrote:
eguy wrote:I got my cablecard and TA today and everything works great outside of Media Center
Not according to your screenshots, as the Ceton diags fail to find the ETH.

What firewall/antivirus are you running? That's probably the most common culprit, if you are using anything but the built-in Windows firewall disable it. If you are using a 3rd party antivirus remove it (uninstall completely).
Should have mentioned I am only using Windows Firewall. All the exceptions have been added properly as well. You can see in the diagnostic that it finds the Ceton but can't communicate with it properly. I even disabled Windows Firewall to try and see if that would help and that didn't work.

smcmillan2

Post by smcmillan2 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:24 pm

What is your network topology? If you have either your HTPC or the ETH plugged into a router, try plugging them into a switch instead, then the switch to the router.

Is your HTPC listed as being on a Home Network? If not, change it to be so.

What happens if you hit "Go to InfiniTV Device Webpage" in the Devices tab?

eguy

Post by eguy » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:16 pm

smcmillan2 wrote:What is your network topology? If you have either your HTPC or the ETH plugged into a router, try plugging them into a switch instead, then the switch to the router.

Is your HTPC listed as being on a Home Network? If not, change it to be so.

What happens if you hit "Go to InfiniTV Device Webpage" in the Devices tab?
I have tried it every way possible but in the topology I want it is Router-Powerline-Gigabit Switch-Ceton. I have tried it with or without the powerline and switches and it's the same story.

Going direct to the IP address (static), the web GUI works perfectly. I can tune channels fine (with perfect signal levels and temperatures) and everything is correctly indicated as working. That's how I was able to update the firmware with the 14.4.6.21 image I found here. My hardware revision is 6590 if that makes any difference.

It shows up fine in the Windows network browser as seen here:

It's just really strange to me that neither Media Center nor third party programs like SageTV and jRiver can see the tuners.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:08 pm

What does "%systemroot%\ehome\ehprivjob.exe /ocurdiscovery /ex" return?
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

eguy

Post by eguy » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:17 pm

erkotz wrote:What does "%systemroot%\ehome\ehprivjob.exe /ocurdiscovery /ex" return?
It finds all 6 tuners ("allowing unknown device 'Ceton InfiniTV Ethernet Tuner 1, 3, 2, 6, 5, 4 '). I found that in another thread and I tried that already. Media Center still doesn't see them.

eguy

Post by eguy » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:49 pm

Quick update to this post: I returned the InfiniTV 6 and got an HDHomeRun Prime. Everything works perfectly. No problem with Media Center detecting the tuners. I can only blame the Ceton software for not being able to communicate with the tuner.