No TV Signal error - Ceton InfiniTV USB

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
Sea3

HTPC Specs: Show details

No TV Signal error - Ceton InfiniTV USB

Post by Sea3 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:21 am

I noticed that the WMC notification showed "No TV Signal".
I opened WMC and saw that the show was recording so I checked the Ceton web page.
2 tuners were on the same channel with good ~2 dBmV signals.
The stopped tuner showed "Copy Control Information: "Copy Never" (0x03)"
The playing tuner showed "Copy Control Information: "Copy Free" (00)"

What does this mean? Was the copy protection really changing and did the stopped tuner get tuned at an unfortunate? Was this a glitch in the signal?

teamfox201

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by teamfox201 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:48 pm

Sounds like thats what may have happened. Do you have it to tune a few minutes before the show? Maybe the previous show had a different flag and it started with that flag.

These are the Copy Control Information Flags.

0x00 - Copy freely - Content is not copy protected.
0x01 - Copy No More - A copy of the content has already occurred and no more copies are permitted.[2]
0x02 - Copy Once - A recording can be made, but that is it.
0x03 - Copy Never - the content can be recorded and viewed for 90 minutes after transmission, and is not transferable.
0x04 - Content is Copy Once for digital output, but would have Macrovision 7 Day Unlimited restriction applied on the analog outputs. This affects content viewed either on an HDTV with component cabling or on a standard definition TV. It also affects content saved to VCR or DVD when the recorder is connected to an analog output on the DVR.
0x07 - Content is Copy Never for digital content (deleted after 90 minutes) and Macrovision 7 day/24 hour for content recorded from analog channels. Content cannot be transferred via TiVoToGo transfers or MRV, and cannot be saved to VCR or DVD.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copy_Control_Information