InfiniTV6 ETH Playready Update Failure Loop

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
th83

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by th83 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:25 am

I saw a suggestion to disable 'Green ethernet', I did that a week ago and the ETH has been more stable since (it was actually giving me the 'no service' message at the time, WMDRM was RED, I turned off 'green ethernet' in the NIC settings, then WMDRM went green, and tuners started working immediately). Will update as I keep testing. What I'm finding is that either the ETH, drivers, or both are EXTREMELY sensitive. I know support always says it must be a network issue, setting on the NIC, or whatever, but if Ceton wants people to actually enjoy (and recommend) their products, they should not be so bleeping sensitive to every. tiny. little. thing.

corey13

Post by corey13 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:54 pm

I've had this same problem since I got my Ceton ETH. Like everyone else, the only thing that works is rebooting the Ceton unit. I added a fan to the top of my box to cool it down and that seems to space out the Playready errors a little longer. I've tried to address this with Ceton 3 times but they always come back and say it has nothing to do with them and won't take responsibility. This happens on all 4 of my computers getting streams from the Ceton box. I've tried every fix possible and operating systems from Windows 7 to Windows 8.1 with the problem always recurring. Hopefully they try to address this soon. I really wanted to like this but it has caused more problems than it's worth. Definitely not recommending to anyone.

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:14 pm

corey13 wrote:I've had this same problem since I got my Ceton ETH. I've tried to address this with Ceton 3 times but they always come back and say it has nothing to do with them and won't take responsibility. I really wanted to like this but it has caused more problems than it's worth. Definitely not recommending to anyone.
Have you tried the HDHR Prime instead?
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

corey13

Post by corey13 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:08 pm

I have not tried the HDHR Prime yet but I was just looking into it this morning. Even with buying 2 of them to get the 6 tuners it's cheaper than the Ceton so I might do that. Does it switch quickly between channels or still lag somewhat like the Ceton?

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:25 pm

corey13 wrote:I have not tried the HDHR Prime yet but I was just looking into it this morning. Even with buying 2 of them to get the 6 tuners it's cheaper than the Ceton so I might do that. Does it switch quickly between channels or still lag somewhat like the Ceton?
No lag changing channels, no spinning blue donut when WMC starts, no overheating meltdowns; it's a superior product.

corey13

Post by corey13 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:39 pm

Scallica wrote:No lag changing channels, no spinning blue donut when WMC starts, no overheating meltdowns; it's a superior product.
Thanks for the recommendation! I ordered one yesterday. Hopefully this makes things smoother.

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:41 pm

corey13 wrote:
Scallica wrote:No lag changing channels, no spinning blue donut when WMC starts, no overheating meltdowns; it's a superior product.
Thanks for the recommendation! I ordered one yesterday. Hopefully this makes things smoother.
Let us know how it works out.

corey13

Post by corey13 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:21 pm

Scallica wrote:
corey13 wrote:
Let us know how it works out.
Thanks for the suggestion on the HDHR. I set it up over the weekend, had a quick call to TWC to pair my Cablecard and it was up and running with no problems. I really like it so far, it's been fast (no channel change lag at all) and stable. I'll give it another week and if it still works well I'm going to get a second one to have 6 tuners again. Thanks again for the suggestion!

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:06 pm

corey13 wrote:Thanks for the suggestion on the HDHR. I set it up over the weekend, had a quick call to TWC to pair my Cablecard and it was up and running with no problems. I really like it so far, it's been fast (no channel change lag at all) and stable. I'll give it another week and if it still works well I'm going to get a second one to have 6 tuners again. Thanks again for the suggestion!
Thanks for the follow-up. I would wait a little bit before buying a second one because I'm hoping a six tuner model will appear during the holiday season.

jwhowsez@gmail.com

Post by jwhowsez@gmail.com » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:08 am

This worked for me every time with Windows 7 X64 ultimate.
PLAY READY FAILED TO UPDATE FIX
1) get to the point in media center that it says Readyplay Failed to update, do you wish to try again.
2) Open up Windows "Services" via Control Pannel > Administrative Tools > Services.
3) " Goto the "Services" pannel you just opened and scroll all the way down to "Windows Media Center Receiver Services", double click on it, then click "Stop"
4) Navigate to the ReadyPlay HIDDEN folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\PlayReady
and THEN delete the mspr.hds file.
5) Go back to the STILL OPEN & RUNNING, Media Center and click "Yes" and "Next" to the Update PlayReady question. It should immediately zip past and say update complete & you can watch and record copy protected bla bla bla. It may also update a guide or something too.

If this doesn't work for you after 5-6 tries, you might have something else blocking you, but you don't need both 32bit and 64bit PlayReady installed for it to update. It's the 'Service' that is truley stopping the update, but just simply stopping it w/o those others steps may not get it working >.<
Good luck!