Windows 8.1 + MyMediaCenter

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
clockwiseq

HTPC Specs: Show details

Windows 8.1 + MyMediaCenter

Post by clockwiseq » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:13 pm

So, I'm fairly new to this and I understand that Ceton says that the Echo is not compatible with Windows 8, but supposedly, with the My Media Center app ($5.99 - purchased), I'm able to control the Echo. Here's the problem, I have successfully added the Echo to my Windows 8.1 MC, but when I attempt to tune to a channel or play a recorded item, it does nothing. It prompts me where I want to play it and no matter what I choose, it does nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm using iOS devices by the way (iPhone 4, iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPad Air).

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:44 pm

I don't think the latest version of MMC server works, so check some other MMC threads around here to find the right version.

Juggler77

Post by Juggler77 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:51 pm

I am having a similar problem. I am running Windows 8.1 and have an Infinitv 4 PCI card installed. I am not using an extender but access WMC directly from the PC. I am trying to use My Media Center to control WMC. I am able to connect to my PC through the app. I see all the recorded shows and scheduled recording. However, the remote control does nothing. When I click on a recorded show the app say playback will start shortly but nothing happens.