Best deinterlacer/scaler with minimal lag

Talk about speakers, TVs, receivers, STBs, etc.
erkotz

HTPC Specs: Show details

Best deinterlacer/scaler with minimal lag

Post by erkotz » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:13 pm

Recently wanting to dig out my Gamecube and play some Super Smash Brothers Melee has become a minor obsession, however the component input/scaler in my receiver is pretty bad. I'm looking for an external deinterlacer/upconverter/etc that does a good job - but has a game mode with minimal lag. Ideally it should have RS-232 or IP control so I can have my automation system control the mode. I know in the past Farajouda DCDi was the golden standard, but I seem to recall it had a decent amount of lag - am I mis-remembering? Other options?
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

cwinfield

Post by cwinfield » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:03 am

cwinfield

Post by cwinfield » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:49 pm

If you absolutely need RS-232 there is the dvdo scan duo but is also another $450. http://www.rakuten.com/prod/anchor-bay- ... 7AodHloA8w

For that much money that would have to be some serious value super smash bros melee retro gaming, IMO. What are you trying to collect all the trophies?

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:36 pm

Yeah I think I'm going to go with the DVDO iScan Duo. I'm going to dig my heels in the sand on RS-232 as I've been pretty careful about everything else I buy having some type of control support. I'm not even that serious a player - I've just enjoyed the game in the past and haven't played it in a while. I was also thinking about digging out my NES and SNES, and yes, I do need a good scaler for 8-bit graphics :-P
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

cwinfield

Post by cwinfield » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:05 pm

It should get the job done. Hope I helped you out. Let us know how it turns out.