Ceton InfiniTV ETH 6 USB Cable

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
teamfox201

HTPC Specs: Show details

Ceton InfiniTV ETH 6 USB Cable

Post by teamfox201 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:06 pm

I just bought a Ceton InfiniTV ETH 6 and like most posts I've seen it came with the wrong USB cable. I've been reading that I don't need to use the cable but then I've seen others say you need it.

So I was thinking of going to the local computer store and getting a USB to mini A converter if I need to. I have Time Warner Cable with their Cisco sta1520 box.

Any help with this USB cable thing is appreciated.

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:26 pm

It came with the right cable. It connects to a tuning adapter, not to a PC.

cwinfield

Post by cwinfield » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:30 pm

If the cable company gave you a tuning adapter you need it Are you saying they gave you the wrong USB to plug the tuning adapter into the ETH? It appears you need a usb b to micro b, surprised it does not come with one. If you only use it on one computer you could just plug the tuning adapter into that pcs usb and it should work. Maybe you use the front plug and not the back on the STA1520 if you in fact have a USB A to micro B.

teamfox201

Post by teamfox201 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:48 pm

My Ceton came with a USB type A to USB type B.

My tuning adapter has USB type B but the Ceton has USB mini A.

So the cable that came with the Ceton doesn't even connect to itself since the connector is wrong.

cwinfield

Post by cwinfield » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:53 pm

Yeah I would send Ceton a message. Looks like your going to need to find the correct cable.http://cetoncorp.com/support/

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:41 pm

I'd be more concerned that the original seller gave you a used ETH where the original owner returned it with the wrong cable.

In any case, I'm sure Ceton will send you the right cable for free.

teamfox201

Post by teamfox201 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:42 pm

Thanks for the quick reply everyone. Just wanted to confirm the need for USB connection.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:20 pm

Hi all,
Due to an error at our manufacturing facility, a small percentage of InfiniTV 6 ETH units shipped with the incorrect USB cable (full-size A to full-size B) instead of the correct cable (mini A to full-size B) for a Tuning Adapter. This has since been corrected, but some units were shipped to retailers before we caught this.

If you do receive an InfiniTV 6 ETH with the incorrect cable, please open a support ticket at http://www.cetoncorp.com/support/ and include a copy of your receipt, your unit's serial number, and your shipping address and we will get the correct cable sent to you.

Thank you,
Eric Kotz
Quality Assurance Manager
Ceton
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

teamfox201

Post by teamfox201 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:13 pm

erkotz wrote:Hi all,
Due to an error at our manufacturing facility, a small percentage of InfiniTV 6 ETH units shipped with the incorrect USB cable (full-size A to full-size B) instead of the correct cable (mini A to full-size B) for a Tuning Adapter. This has since been corrected, but some units were shipped to retailers before we caught this.

If you do receive an InfiniTV 6 ETH with the incorrect cable, please open a support ticket at http://www.cetoncorp.com/support/ and include a copy of your receipt, your unit's serial number, and your shipping address and we will get the correct cable sent to you.

Thank you,
Eric Kotz
Quality Assurance Manager
Ceton

Thanks for the reply! I received the correct cable yesterday and everything is working now.