Limit concurrent recordings

shaksp

HTPC Specs: Show details

Limit concurrent recordings

Post by shaksp » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:27 pm

Hi,

I currently have two tuners and often find both recorders are recording and I can't watch something else live as my wife is always recording.
I'm considering adding a third dvb-s tuner. However would like to set it so 1 tuner is always free for live tv.
Is this possible? Maximum Two tuners used for recording and 1 always kept free for live tv? I'm not bothered which tuners as long as 1 always free.

Kind Regards,

blueiedgod

Post by blueiedgod » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:09 am

shaksp wrote:Hi,

I currently have two tuners and often find both recorders are recording and I can't watch something else live as my wife is always recording.
I'm considering adding a third dvb-s tuner. However would like to set it so 1 tuner is always free for live tv.
Is this possible? Maximum Two tuners used for recording and 1 always kept free for live tv? I'm not bothered which tuners as long as 1 always free.

Kind Regards,

The second you add a 3rd tuner, it will be used up.

I don't think there is a way to reserve a tuner like that.

We have 12 tuners (6TV's in the house), and at times all 12 are in use. I am sure if we had 18 tuners, there would be times when all 18 are in use. That's what happens when you have wife and kids.

Luckily, my programs are usually repeated late at night, so they get recorded. I am behind on my TV by about 4 years, still have yet to watch some shows from 2010.

shaksp

Post by shaksp » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:08 pm

blueiedgod wrote:
shaksp wrote:Hi,

Kind Regards,

The second you add a 3rd tuner, it will be used up.

I don't think there is a way to reserve a tuner like that.

We have 12 tuners (6TV's in the house), and at times all 12 are in use. I am sure if we had 18 tuners, there would be times when all 18 are in use. That's what happens when you have wife and kids.

Luckily, my programs are usually repeated late at night, so they get recorded. I am behind on my TV by about 4 years, still have yet to watch some shows from 2010.
Thanks! Shame if it can't be done.
12 tuners and all in use! wow

oakley516

Post by oakley516 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:41 pm

Yea, two tuners may not be enough for the amount of recording you are doing. I know here in the US, Sunday night seems to be the night every network schedules a show that I happen to watch, and they are all scheduled for 9 or 10pm. So I can have four or five things recording at the same time on Sunday night, and then nothing at all on other nights of the week.