Watching while recording

epcot

HTPC Specs: Show details

Watching while recording

Post by epcot » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:44 am

I was always able to watch the program I was recording. I would usually give it a head start of about 30 min or so, so that I was able to skip the commercials.

Just recently when I go to the program I am recording to watch it starts not at the beginning but at the time and place it is at now and there is NO recording before that period but will continue recording from that point on.

For example if I am recording an hour long news program and go to watch the program 30 min in to the show the playback will not start at the beginning of the show but where the show is at in actual time and I lose all of the show before that, this is weird and I have absolutely no idea how to trouble shoot this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:48 pm

What tuner are you using?

Have you tried changing the default recording location to another drive? Maybe something strange is happening with your drive.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

mike_ekim

Post by mike_ekim » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:59 pm

epcot wrote:Just recently when I go to the program I am recording to watch it starts not at the beginning but at the time and place it is at now and there is NO recording before that period but will continue recording from that point on.
1) Are you selecting the program from the guide programming guide, or from the recorded shows menu? If you are selecting it from the guide, perhaps WMC is creating a second instance of that program, so you are recording one from the beginning, and watching one from half way through.

2) If the show has been recording for half an hour, and you start watching the program, what happens to the file size of the recording?