TMT keeps turning off Aero in WMC

th83

HTPC Specs: Show details

TMT keeps turning off Aero in WMC

Post by th83 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:31 pm

Anyone else run into this? I've recently added Blu-Ray playback to my HTPC, and added Total Media Theater as the blu-ray player application. The issue I'm running into is that every time I launch TMT from inside Media Center, Aero gets turned off, which introduces terrible screen tearing when playing back DVDs (blu rays seem to be ok). I know v-sync is tied to Aero, so obviously this is the cause of the tearing. This does not happen when launching the TMT player from the desktop. I made sure that the 'disable aero' option was turned off in TMT from the desktop program, but there is no such option in the Media Center version of the program. Any ideas?

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:21 am

On the version I have, there are adjustable settings from within WMC. Arcsoft/Settings/Video Not sure which setting you need, this is what mine is set to, and I had nothing to do with it, and I have never changed it. I would assume that TMT6 made these changes when it was originally installed. The only thing I use TMT for is 3D-BR. I'm not even sure I own a DVD anymore. Do they still make them?

I hope this is what you were looking for.
Attachments
Arcsoft003.jpg

th83

Post by th83 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:08 pm

No, there is a setting called 'Always turn off Aero' that exists in the full version of TMT, but not in the WMC version. It turns off Aero, which seems to cause tearing in DVDs (we do have some older movies on DVD). For now I just have to launch the desktop version of TMT.

mcewinter

Post by mcewinter » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:46 pm

Why not just use MCs built in DVD player?

th83

Post by th83 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:06 pm

mcewinter wrote:Why not just use MCs built in DVD player?
TMT seems to have an overall better image quality, but that's what I've been doing. Would just like to use the same interface for all of my movies.