Computer does not see infiniTV 6 PCIe properly

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
bmxerbray

HTPC Specs: Show details

Computer does not see infiniTV 6 PCIe properly

Post by bmxerbray » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:07 pm

After numerous attempts, I was unable to get INFINITV 6 PCI to install. My computer never saw the new card. I had just installed a ssd drive so the operating system( Windows 7 Home Premium) was freshly installed. The ceton network adapter showed that it was installed incorrectly. I installed and reinstalled numerous times. The adapter shows up in device manager(says installed incorrectly), but does not show up with the other network adapters. The Ceton does not show up in the Device area Tried reaching the card via ip with no luck I put my original Infinitv 4 pci in and it showed instantly and has worked since. I have submitted a ticket with Ceton. Just wondering any ideas?

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:20 pm

What is the reason Device Manager gives for the incorrect installation?
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

bmxerbray

Post by bmxerbray » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:25 pm

Good question... I bring it up through device manager and it gives error code I think 31.. But I looked up that error and it is a generic Windows driver code... But my infinitv 4 works fine.. I am thinking a bad card

bmxerbray

Post by bmxerbray » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:04 pm

This is what Ceton sent me and my question is...Why does my INFINITV 4 PCI work and the 6 doesnt..

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your patience. We've identified a compatibility issue between motherboards using certain old nForce chipsets and your InfiniTV. Since your motherboard uses this older chipset you may run into issues using your InfiniTV. We occasionally release updates to keep the InfiniTV in line with the specifications of current motherboards and chipsets, which can cause issues with older chipsets that may not fit in the new specifications. The InfiniTV requires the System Requirements here: http://cetoncorp.com/products/infinitv-6-pcie/. Since your hardware does not fully support our system requirements, we recommend that you either look into upgrading your computer or use another computer that meets those requirements.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,
Ceton Support