WMC Channels off by one

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
Jimmersd

HTPC Specs: Show details

WMC Channels off by one

Post by Jimmersd » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:09 pm

Here's one I haven't seen before. Yesterday I noticed that all of the channels in my guide are off by one. For instance lets say that Fox is channel 1214 and CNN is channel 1215 if I click on channel 1215 in the guide , or keyin 1215 directly, Fox comes on but the info that is associated still shows CNN.

I have tried in this order: Reboot, reboot tuners and adapters, reset adapters from the brighthouse online ap, empty the ehome directory and start over with new guide info, remove MyChannelLogos to see if maybe this was the source. Nothing seems to work.

I quit last night and came back to it this morning to find that CNN was back on 1215 and Fox was on 1214 and it stayed that way until I hit the OK(flashback) button on my remote and it reverted to this previous problem.

:?

Jimmersd

Post by Jimmersd » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:21 pm

I have found that this is a problem with Brighthouse and their transition to a troublefree completely digital system.

yea brighhouse...

bbragg

Post by bbragg » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:52 pm

Welcome to BrightHouse ... "friend". They're not nearly as friendly as their commercials would have you believe.

My channels also went off by 1 for about 6 or 7 days in the Central Florida area. I'm back to normal now. I'm not sure if they posted bad guide data or if something went wrong in their SDV system. But I missed all of my recordings for the week.

Hopefully you're back to normal now as well.

Jimmersd

Post by Jimmersd » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:59 pm

bbragg wrote:Welcome to BrightHouse ... "friend". They're not nearly as friendly as their commercials would have you believe.

My channels also went off by 1 for about 6 or 7 days in the Central Florida area. I'm back to normal now. I'm not sure if they posted bad guide data or if something went wrong in their SDV system. But I missed all of my recordings for the week.

Hopefully you're back to normal now as well.
Yeah. I suspect some codemonkey loaded an array and started counting from 1 instead of 0. :) Took 'em until Monday morning 10:30 to get it worked out. My guess is they really started working on it at 9am Monday morning or maybe after the complaints reached 1k.