InfiniTV 6 not tuner available issue

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
Chburnham

HTPC Specs: Show details

InfiniTV 6 not tuner available issue

Post by Chburnham » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:50 am

So i have had this Infinitv since November 28, 2013. Since I've had the thing about once a month the tuner would just drop off. WMC would say no tuner available to satisfy request. I also noticed that when i open the diagnostics tool it will only show that the unit is detected and configured but never that it's responding or temperature is okay. Once i unplug the unit and plug it back it in it starts working magically again. This doesn't happen to just one computer mind you... no it happens to any on the network. I only have my HTCP and desktop linked to it but I've tried my laptop as well and the same thing happens. Now all the pc's will drop at the same time so to me it doesn't seem like it's a computer problem. Also i don't have to reboot the computer to get it working again. Just unplug the ceton unit and plug it back in and it works again no problems.

I've submitted support ticket after ticket and nothing has fixed it. Here lately it's been doing it multiple times a month so I don't know what we changed but it's gone from bad to worse now. It seems to me to be a faulty unit but ceton insists that the diagnostics sent show nothing wrong with it and has to be a computer issue. This i could accept if it happened to only one but both at one time? I doubt this. I've also noticed that when working the infinitv will show up on the network under media devices but not show when it's not connecting.

So does anyone have any ideas of anything i could do to make this work better or am I probably right the unit maybe faulty?

Thanks
Chris

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:55 am

Chburnham wrote: So does anyone have any ideas of anything i could do to make this work better?
I agree, I think something strange is going on with the ETH6. What type of network do you have?
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

JohnW248

Post by JohnW248 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:08 pm

Did you set this up as DHCP or assign an IP address to the tuner? (with SD you don't have a choice, with Ceton you do). This sounds like a lease on an IP address expiring and not being auto-renewed. So perhaps if you outline how things are connected on your network and what kind of router you have, that might lead to a suggestion.