Connected and appears to be working but no video playback

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
Knuckle47

HTPC Specs: Show details

Connected and appears to be working but no video playback

Post by Knuckle47 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:12 am

Using a iPad 4 gig. Seems like the app is working for did showing the movie title on the pages sand zwa the description on the film. When I ask it to watch...it says....playback will begin momentarily . However, it wont play on the iPad any thoughts on this running

choliscott

Post by choliscott » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:53 am

Ceton's My Media Center doesn't playback shows to your portable device. When it said it playback was going to begin, it meant to the actual WMC computer or extender.

In it's current state the app works like a remote control (if you're at home) & allows you to schedule a show when you are remote (if you forgot to set a recording).

If you want to be able to watch something, you either need to look at Remote Potato or MediaBrowser

Knuckle47

Post by Knuckle47 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:00 pm

Duh! Thank you for clarifying that. I wonder where I got the idea that it played thru the devices. I've got way too many remotes and the Echo remote is too small to handle well despite the Echo's excellent performance.

Thanks again!