infiniTV PCIe 6 not getting TV signal

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
golfdude

HTPC Specs: Show details

infiniTV PCIe 6 not getting TV signal

Post by golfdude » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:36 am

my pcie6 was fine up til midnight, then sometime between midnight and 6 am when the tv was not in use, a service in unavailable error popped up on all channels, and wont go away.. rebooting the system and TR failed to fix the issue..

the ceton is reporting the CC was inserted and Validated, validation message is received, authenticated, and the IDs match those in the current binding

and the TR was ready for resolving, but no channel is giving a signal..

my cable co said they didnt have any overnight updates for cablecards, so i dont know whats the deal now...

golfdude

Post by golfdude » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:18 pm

i cant explain it, but now tv is working again

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:32 pm

Gremlins.

JohnW248

Post by JohnW248 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:48 pm

golfdude wrote:my pcie6 was fine up til midnight, then sometime between midnight and 6 am when the tv was not in use, a service in unavailable error popped up on all channels, and wont go away.. rebooting the system and TR failed to fix the issue..

the ceton is reporting the CC was inserted and Validated, validation message is received, authenticated, and the IDs match those in the current binding

and the TR was ready for resolving, but no channel is giving a signal..

my cable co said they didnt have any overnight updates for cablecards, so i dont know whats the deal now...
You need to check a few more things. From the CableCARD tab in the Web Gui open other tabs. Do you have a Cisco or Moto card?

You need to verify OOB lock, CA Stream and time. Without those there will be no tuning even if there is a signal there. If you're in a TWC area, this is the kind of thing that's been hitting us in variation over the past month and a half.

Then you can go into the tuner tabs and manually tune a channel and see if it finds it. You can also check your RF Stats in the TA (again if you're on Cisco, Moto tabs and diagnostics are different).

And unless you know someone personally at the cable company, don't expect straight answers, many of the CSR don't even know what you're talking about.