Comcast w Ceton ETH6 - channels moved?

Eckless

HTPC Specs: Show details

Comcast w Ceton ETH6 - channels moved?

Post by Eckless » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:08 pm

Folks -- also troubleshooting this with Comcast. Any help out there would be appreciated.

On Comcast with a ETH6, Win8 with WMC. Was working perfectly a couple of days ago.

Symptoms now:
1. Some channels are unavailable (get a "no signal" message)
2. A few channels have actually moved (836 used to be LifetimeHD - it's now NickHD - the program guide says 836 is still LifetimeHD - Comcast says 836 should still be LifetimeHD - but it's showing NickHD on 836)
3. Other channels are perfect (for example, HBO in lo-def is still fine, HBO in high-def is a "no signal")

I've tried going through the TV setup in WMC to delete and re-attach the tuners. The comcast folks are saying something about the "frequencies" may have changed on some channels.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thank you!
Eckless

choliscott

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by choliscott » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:18 pm

I can't explain the "no signal" all of a sudden. If you live in apartment, it could be a tech came out & either connected a new residence or messed with the outside connection might have caused the signal to change.

Are you seeing the no signal message on a bunch of channel or just one or a few here & there? One thing that seemed to help solve this for me was getting a Motorola signal amplifier.

For the channel change, what does Channel 836 show for any of your friends or family, who might be using a Comcast issued cable box? If they are seeing NickHD, then Comcast probably made a channel number change & the company that MS uses for guide service hasn't made the change to their lineup.