WMC Will not record

SJMaye

HTPC Specs: Show details

WMC Will not record

Post by SJMaye » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:48 pm

Strange thing. I was noticing that a series was not recording. Channel comes in fine. Checked series. Settings were fine, but it indicated there were no shows to be recorded. When I checked the guide I saw plenty to record. I tried to manually record on that channel. I selected the channel and pressed record button. Nothing. No matter what i do it will not record anything. I was able to record on another channel manually. Can you actually have a bad channel and it will not record?

Any ideas?

jaimeknapp

Post by jaimeknapp » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:15 pm

Have you checked Media Center under System Tools > Event Viewer > Applications and Services in Computer Management for further clues?

SJMaye

Post by SJMaye » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:30 pm

jaimeknapp wrote:Have you checked Media Center under System Tools > Event Viewer > Applications and Services in Computer Management for further clues?
Just checked. Nothing of significance there. I repeated tried to record a show on that channel, then refreshed the event viewer. No entries. Thanks for the thought though.

jaimeknapp

Post by jaimeknapp » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:43 pm

If, while you are viewing that channel, can you pause and then resume properly? If not, has your Recorded TV location changed in any way? If it does, I really have no idea other than it being flagged copy never by your provider, but that is highly unlikely.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:13 pm

Maybe have a look at your recording defaults. Try Any-Channel Any-Time
Attachments
Recording001.jpg

choliscott

Post by choliscott » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:22 pm

One other thing to look at, is which drive is it currently using to try & record on

SJMaye

Post by SJMaye » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:25 pm

In looking at the HDHomerun GUI the channel in question shows copy once just like another channel that records fine. Weird thing is when I went to add recording I saw many shows listed. I clicked to record the series and now it shows none listed. I have it set to record any channel. When i click to record it makes the sound like it is going to record, but it doesn't. The live program can be paused and resumed without issue. Below is the information on the channel. Appears OK to me?

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:56 am

Open up WMC and go to RecordedTV/View Scheduled/History

What is the error listed beside the recordings that failed to record?
Attachments
Recording002.jpg

SJMaye

Post by SJMaye » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:55 am

Crash2009 wrote:Open up WMC and go to RecordedTV/View Scheduled/History

What is the error listed beside the recordings that failed to record?
No it did not, but I found out what the problem was. It was actually Silicondust tech support who told me what the problem was. Somehow that channel ended up with 3 sources. None of the 3 were selected. I went to :

Tasks > Settings > TV > Guide > Edit Channels > 257 > Edit Sources and selected only one of the sources. All is good.

Many thanks for your help everyone!

Mike88

Post by Mike88 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:10 pm

jaimeknapp wrote:Have you checked Media Center under System Tools > Event Viewer > Applications and Services in Computer Management for further clues?

I can't find anything regarding Computer Management in the Event Viewer. There's a lot of paths to look at in Event Viewer & I probably missed it somewhere along the way. I went directly to Event Viewer > Applications and Services Logs. What am I missing?

I do not currently have a problem but when I did I looked all through the Event Viewer for signs of something but nothing really pertained, just Unexpected Shutdown". When I go to Applications and Services Logs > Microsoft > Windows > there's a lot of folders to look through.

Is there a guide or roadmap on where to look in Event Viewer when you do have a problem?