Cannot Load Guide on iPhone

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
JohnJ9

HTPC Specs: Show details

Cannot Load Guide on iPhone

Post by JohnJ9 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:59 pm

I had to set up my WMC information again. After doing so, all seems good on the Ceton front so far, all seems good on the WMC front so far. I have started setting up series recordings again, and when I bring up My MC I can see those scheduled recordings and change paramaters as I want. The one thing I can't do is see the Guide - it attempts to load for a second or two, and then comes up blank. I've tried re-selecting the PC, but that does not fix this. I tried re-installing My MC, but this has not fixed it either. The guide itself displays just fine inside WMC. Trying to use the refresh button at the top of the guide does not help. I am trying all of this from within the house, so I'm running off the internal settings. Obviously, since I can see my recorded and scheduled recordings in the app, I'm getting connectivity with the PC.

I have run into this in the past, and do not know what "shakes the guide loose" to make it retrieve to my phone. Is there a trick somewhere on the PC side that will cause this to start working again?

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:59 am

Maybe get a little closer to the router. My old 3GS (2.4GHZ) was slow to load the guide when I was too far from the router.

You probably have a much newer IPhone. Are they using 5GHZ WiFi yet?

JohnJ9

Post by JohnJ9 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:37 am

It's not a range sort of thing. As I said in the post, I can see the lists showing what was recently recorded and the upcoming recordings. The only thing that won't load is the guide itself. I believe there is either some caching notion or something of the sort that is coming into play, and just want to know what will convince the phone app to fetch the data again. You can watch the app work and largely suss out how it goes about its work.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:13 pm

Well clear the cache and re-boot the phone then.