Blank screen on Live TV

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
pavlov70

HTPC Specs: Show details

Blank screen on Live TV

Post by pavlov70 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:46 pm

Hi all,

I've rebuilt my 5 year old media center and replaced it w/ a Gigabyte GA-H97 motherboard and an i3 4130T (HD 4400 graphics) and kept my trusty InfiniTV4 and Win7 (switching to 64 bit version this time). I'm sure this isn't a tuner problem but since there's a lot of smart folks here I thought this is as good a place as any.

HDMI port on the motherboard worked initially and I went through the whole TV setup process successfully. Tried to play a live channel and had video for a few seconds before the screen went blank and the audio cuts in and out. Power it down and the next day I get nothing on the HDMI port and Windows wouldn't detect either my monitor or projector. DVI works so I dig out a DVI->HDMI cable and I think I'm back in business. Recorded shows work, movies work, but when I play live TV the screen blanks out and the audio cuts out every few seconds.

I have a new board on order and am going to RMA this one due to HDMI port not working. I have Fios and all of the channels I subscribe to are copy freely. What difference is there between watching a recorded show and watching that show live? Does live tv require HDCP even on copy freely channels while watching a recorded show from that channel does not? I'm hoping once I get a working HDMI port this problem will go away but was hoping to get your opinions.

Thanks!
Rob