Now Playing

MagicPinball

HTPC Specs: Show details

Now Playing

Post by MagicPinball » Tue May 20, 2014 7:51 pm

If I watch a movie or TV show to the conclusion, I still have a "Now Playing" option in Media Center. If I put it to sleep, then it wakes up to do a scheduled task, the box never returns to sleep. If I reboot the box after I watch a show or movie, then the box goes to sleep after 10 mins. When it wakes to do a scheduled task, it returns to sleep after 10 mins.

Apparently, when having "Now Playing" option available, the box never returns to sleep when a scheduled task wakes it. Any way to force "Now Playing" to go away after the completion of a movie or TV show?

I do use Media Browser 3 for 95% of my viewing if that helps.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Wed May 21, 2014 2:16 am

Next time this happens, open an elevated command prompt while logged in as an administrator user. Type the following command and report back here with the results:

powercfg -requests

MagicPinball

Post by MagicPinball » Sat May 24, 2014 9:47 pm

C:\>powercfg -requests
DISPLAY:
[PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\ehome\ehshell.exe

SYSTEM:
[DRIVER] Realtek High Definition Audio (HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0889&SUBSYS
_1458A022&REV_1000\4&a04fb30&0&0201)
An audio stream is currently in use.
[DRIVER] \FileSystem\srvnet
An active remote client has recently sent requests to this machine.
[SERVICE] \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\System32\svchost.exe (CryptSvc)

AWAYMODE:
None.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Tue May 27, 2014 2:11 pm

As you can see, you have a bunch of processes which are asking the system to stay awake. I suspect that one of your Media Center add-ins is causing the problem (Possibly MB3). Uninstall them one at a time (starting with the one you installed most recently). When the problem goes away, you'll know which add-in was causing the problem.

simonb

Post by simonb » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:03 am

Just ran into the same thing. A display and system lock by the eshell process when the Media Browser 3 WMC client was in the "Now playing" state, even though I'd finished watching my movie. It seems to be a recently introduced bug in the MB3 WMC client because I don't recall it happening in the last 2 years.

simonb

Post by simonb » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:35 am

I did some digging on the MB3 forums and I'm hoping that the next release of MB3 Classic for WMC will fix this. According to this post they identified some issues.
http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index. ... /?hl=sleep

oakley516

Post by oakley516 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:54 pm

simonb wrote:I did some digging on the MB3 forums and I'm hoping that the next release of MB3 Classic for WMC will fix this.
Disable the automatic updates in MB3.

The software is configured to update without user intervention, and on an HTPC that is used as a primary viewing system, you don't want any surprises to happen as a result of an update you didn't ask for.

Update MB3 manually (if you have a need to) once you are sure the the update has had the bugs worked out of it.