Setting tuners for each system

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
Beerman

HTPC Specs: Show details

Setting tuners for each system

Post by Beerman » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:40 am

I have 2 systems using Ceton tuners. 1 used the InfiniTV 4 internal and the other uses the ETH6. Yes I know the ETH can be shared and it is but the system with the internal tuner always uses the ETH6 when playing live TV or recording. Since I never really record 6 programs at once, it will just grab one of the tuners instead of using the InfiniTV 4. I've checked the guide and ALL the channels are set to use the InfiniTV 4 first but don't.
Now this isn't really a big problem or maybe even not a problem at all but I can't seem to force the system with the internal tuner to use those 4 tuners first. I've done nothing to change this though it's never been like this until recently.
What can I do to change this behaviour?

Beerman

Post by Beerman » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:19 am

Anyone have any ideas?

CrunchyDoodle

Post by CrunchyDoodle » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:24 am

Down deep inside the Edit Channels menu system is a place where you can edit the sources used by a particular channel. It allows you to re-order and enable or disable any tuner known to the system. I've used this to change the priority of which tuner to use. You will need to do this for each channel. There may be a more general way, I just don't know that.

Bye.

JohnW248

Post by JohnW248 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:30 pm

Here is another trick (and I don't think is documented). Go to the channel in question in the guide and right click and choose edit channel. Then choose edit sources and uncheck all the 6 tuner device tuners from that channel. Click save and save and then tune whatever is on the air right then on that channel. Check and it should be using the other device. If so, go back to edit source and RE-CHECK the tuners you just turned off. Save and Save and then back and tune again. It should still use the tuner it did last time and the order has been changed.

Re-ordering tuners is a bit of a gamble since MC has a different sequence for live tv than for recorded tv. When it was just two ATI DCT is was simple, tuner 0 was always live tv and tuner 1 was recorded tv. When one was engaged the second one would be picked. When we got into three, four, six and more tuners it becomes more complex.

But I've found that once I do this, that channel will stay in sequence until I run TV set-up again. Unfortunately I don't know of a way to do it globally.

Beerman

Post by Beerman » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:46 am

Thanks guys.