Can't fast forward or rewind

waynec42

HTPC Specs: Show details

Can't fast forward or rewind

Post by waynec42 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:04 am

Hi,

I'm running WMC with the latest Shark codecs. I'm unable to fast forward (FFWD) or rewind. I've never been able to as I installed the codecs during the setup process because I read it was a good idea :? Although, that's not entirely true. I press FFWD once and it will begin the FFWD but then most of the time it will freeze. Other times the video will stop. This seems to be on any file format. Mostly I playback recorded WTV files.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Shark007

Post by Shark007 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:47 am

Installation of my Codecs do not interfere with the Windows decoding/processing of WTV files.
Not having FFWD or RWND options is a common complaint for non-natively supported files such as MKV.
Retain your sanity, use Shark007 Codecs

waynec42

Post by waynec42 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:49 am

Shark007 wrote:Installation of my Codecs do not interfere with the Windows decoding/processing of WTV files.
Not having FFWD or RWND options is a common complaint for non-natively supported files such as MKV.
Sorry man. I wasn't having a go at your codecs. I could have worded that better. Just saying what I've installed.

Shark007

Post by Shark007 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:45 pm

waynec42 wrote:
Shark007 wrote:Sorry man. I wasn't having a go at your codecs. I could have worded that better. Just saying what I've installed.
I was just removing them as a possible cause for your issue. I do extensive testing.
If these files are recorded TV files, they should certainly FF and RW in Media Center.
If the files were created/editted by some other process other than recorded tv, then this is where the issue lies.
Retain your sanity, use Shark007 Codecs