Ceton InfiniTV 4 drops when Ceton and NIC are bridged

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
jimg972

HTPC Specs: Show details

Ceton InfiniTV 4 drops when Ceton and NIC are bridged

Post by jimg972 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:27 am

I have a Dell Studio tower running:

Intel Core2 Quad CPU
8GB RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Ceton InfiniTV 4 PCIe CableCard

I have had this hardware correctly configured for 6 months.

I had an OS issue and had to reload. Reload proceed with no issues.

Since that time I have not been able to get the Ceton InfiniTV4 to work properly in bridged mode. Windows 7 is current on all Window Updates. Hardware drivers all have the latest drivers, downloaded from Dell. RealTek NIC driver has been downloaded directly from RealTek.

I proceed through the configuration and have learned that the InfiniTV 4 does not bridge properly. I have problems running the Ceton Networking Wizard. When the wizard bridges the Ceton with the NIC the InfiniTV drops.

I have learned that if I bypass the wizard and configure the InfiniTV 4 manually I can get it to work on the host. I can get Live TV and record properly.

If I launch the Ceton Diagnostics Tool and have it open when I attempt to bridge the Ceton and the NIC, as soon as I bridge them the InfiniTV 4 drops (disappears from the Ceton Diagnostics Tool). I apparently have some configuration issue with the InfiniTV 4 and the bridging function. I have confirmed that Bridging Support on the Ceton is set to Yes.

I have switched the InfiniTV to another PCIe 1x slot, no difference. No hardware has changed. I am running exactly the same hardware now that I was running a month ago when everything was working. The only difference is the reloaded OS which reinstalled with no problem.

Any insight would be appreciated.

jasondeanny

Post by jasondeanny » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:30 pm

Did you check the IP Addresses? Did you re-run the tuner wizard in WMC?

jimg972

Post by jimg972 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:16 am

Yes, I have checked IP address. Everything "looks" good but the InfiniTV 4 tuner drops. If I have the Ceton Diagnostics Tool (CDT) open when I bridge the Ceton and the NIC I see the InfiniTV 4 drop from the CDT. I have to disable bridging and reset the InfiniTV 4 to the InfiniTV 4 to appear in the CDT again.

I have re-run the Tuner Wizard several times. It never completes the bridging properly.

The frustrating thing is that it was working perfectly on this machine 4 weeks ago. I had to reload the OS due to an unrelated event. The OS has been reloaded and everything is working properly EXCEPT the InfiniTV 4.