Christmas Surprise: A Very Special Echo For Sale

Sell and buy stuff from other TGBers!
Forum rules
WARNING: Always use caution when purchasing from strangers. Remember this site does NOT provide buyer protection. Never send your credit card information to a user.
makryger

HTPC Specs: Show details

Christmas Surprise: A Very Special Echo For Sale

Post by makryger » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:48 am

I was part of the Ceton Echo Android beta. I originally bought the Echo for a good price, expecting to use it in the future, but I still don't have a secondary TV, so I was thinking someone would maybe get better use out of the Ceton Echo with Android than I would. It is somewhat of a rare creature.

FYI, the Echo is sold as-is. Do not expect any firmware updates or bug fixes. It works well, but is not perfect. It does have a bunch of extra android apps for media consumption, which I will show in a video a bit later. All updates have been installed and is ready to be paired to your media center.

You can PM me your offers. If there is enough interest, I may just put it on ebay and let that system work it out.
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC

milli260876

Post by milli260876 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:11 am

The only person that that this should go to would be a dev, perhaps on xda developers? Maybe they could hack it and get it working properly.... Unlike ceton
Lee

makryger

Post by makryger » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:32 pm

milli260876 wrote:The only person that that this should go to would be a dev, perhaps on xda developers? Maybe they could hack it and get it working properly.... Unlike ceton
Mine was one of the devices that accepted the new firmware without a hitch... Not the one that bricked and ended up shutting down development. So mine wouldn't be particularly useful for devs to hack.
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC

jeonunh

Post by jeonunh » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:22 pm

And what are the chances that Ceton wouldn't remotely trigger a firmware update to switch it back to the standard version?

Oh wait, they don't care about the Echo, so you're probably fine. Video would be cool. I'm curious to see how well it worked, even if it was never finished.

makryger

Post by makryger » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:16 pm

There were a few people that were waiting on a video to see what to expect with this echo. I've attached one below to show the general layout and what apps are available. I did a clean install here, so it is ready to be connected to an new HTPC, though that means there was nothing to show off from the guide or the recorded video section etc. But to get an idea, that section is similar to the MMC app in terms of content. If you're interesting in purchasing, feel free to ask questions.

So in summary, the Ceton Echo with Android is still available for purchase!

32o2EeyvXm4

dotbatman

Post by dotbatman » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:05 pm

What's the asking price?

makryger

Post by makryger » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:06 pm

All I can say is this: you can buy an echo regularly for >$160. I'd say this echo is more or less the only for-sale Android echo that exists. So from that standpoint, I'd say it should be worth at least more than what I can buy for one online. I still do want to use a regular echo, I just don't really need the added features of the android echo, so I'll have to buy a new one after this.

IownFIVEechos

Post by IownFIVEechos » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:33 pm

Bumping this, some people have asked me about it since I referenced it in a post way back. Not sure if its still for sale?

cwinfield

Post by cwinfield » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:39 pm

Not holding my breath but is this still for sale?