Black screen flash during commercials

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
Roofsmoker

HTPC Specs: Show details

Black screen flash during commercials

Post by Roofsmoker » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:59 pm

So I am currently running my infinitv 4 on duel 560ti's

I'm having issues with latest video drivers for my NVidia GeForce asus 560ti's

I cannot update to the latest drivers because when I'm watching an HD channel especially when watching commercials the screen constantly flashes a black screen, this issue started back in November of last year but I fixed it buy using older video drivers from October of 2013 and in march of 2014 I was able to update to newer drivers that did not cause this issue, but every driver since has caused this problem to get worst.

Also Time Warner Cable recently changed there channel lineup and made it so that basic signal channels that are available in HD will auto switch to HD. To make the guide easier to use and eliminate having double channels, got this info from there tech support today. with the older drivers I'm using the signal on all channels will auto to HD, but when I tried the new drivers today the channels will not change from standard to HD, I than have to search for the corresponding HD channel, and its not even in order because Time Warner Cable made it that way because it more user friendly :lol: :clap: maybe for users using there boxes? It's ridiculous I now have HD channels scattered in a random order that do not correspond to standard channels numbers, starting from channels 100 to 200 a few left in 700 and the rest moved all the way to channels 1200 and above.

Both problems only effect the host PC, my wifes pc running a 550ti does not have any issues with signal over the IP.

any help would be great.

Roofsmoker

Post by Roofsmoker » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:13 am

To Add I also switched back from there preferred signal back to the standard signal, It was not up-converting the channels into HD with the original old GPU drivers this morning before I made the change with Time Warner, This was the original reason of why I started all this testing today. I'm glad I changed the signal because now I don't have to use the unorganized guide setup after time warner changed the line-up and I'm saving 15 bucks more on channels I don't really watch.

But with that problem fixed I still cannot install new drivers for my GPU because the channels do the opposite now it will not up-convert the channel to HD and I will get constant screen flickering to black, no issue with audio though.

I wish Fios was available here I miss that service. I hope this fixes problems for people, I mean time warner just changed there lineup for me as of yesterday and this is when the original issue occurred of the channels not up-converting than I tried new drivers until I switched back the signal today and it fixed itself. so I guess there standard signal is more guide friendly for media center users than there digital signal is after the change because it will not up-convert fox 5 to channel 5 or 705 which it was before channel change and 1206 which it is now if you have a digital signal.

hope this helps, but if someone can help me with my GPU drivers it would be great :D
Last edited by Roofsmoker on Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

crawfish

Post by crawfish » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:02 am

If it's happening only on 1080i channels, it's one of the manifestations of the 29/59 bug. You should be able to work around it by setting Nvidia Control Panel, "Adjust desktop color settings", "Content type reported to the display" to "Full-screen videos".

Roofsmoker

Post by Roofsmoker » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:33 am

Thank You so much, you fixed a problem that I have had since last year no more screen flickering to black. colors seem a lot less saturated and gives it a lot more detail IMO, I think this may have even fixed an issue with my PC hanging on shutdown it just hangs for a long time and than restarts and gives me an error report recovered from blue-screen, but I'll have to test this some more.

Wish I would have found this site sooner. everything is working perfectly again with my standard signal and latest video drivers, I'm also saving dead presidents in my pocket. :mrgreen:

resarfekim

Post by resarfekim » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:57 pm

crawfish wrote: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:02 am If it's happening only on 1080i channels, it's one of the manifestations of the 29/59 bug. You should be able to work around it by setting Nvidia Control Panel, "Adjust desktop color settings", "Content type reported to the display" to "Full-screen videos".
I know this is a 5-year-old thread. But I've probably been living with the flashing-black issue for as many years, on just a few channels (like NBC), and assumed it was a quirk with my signal.

Thanks!