TotalMedia Theatre 6 WMC Plugin

rich436

HTPC Specs: Show details

TotalMedia Theatre 6 WMC Plugin

Post by rich436 » Mon May 12, 2014 5:01 pm

I'm using Windows 8 Pro and I have just brought TMT 6 for a Very good discount. But for some reason, the plugin doesn't load up in the Media Center. I just get a blue screen, with a white border and a white cross in the left hand side. If anyone knows how to fix this, then that will make my day. Cheers

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Mon May 12, 2014 7:38 pm

Do you have the software installed on more than 1 PC with the same key? If so I believe the latest update checks to see how many PC's your TMT6 software is installed on. If its more than 1 it disables some of it's features. I had it installed on my HTPC and Desktop PC and had to purchase a new key for the desktop PC after updating to the latest version to regain functionality.
It was a bit of a pain to get fixed if I remember correctly. I had to uninstall the software. Then delete all the tmt6 file folders as well as backup then edit the registry to remove all the tmt6 entries so when I reinstalled it asked me for a key again.. (other wise it would just reinstall in a disabled state and not ask for the key at install). I did get it fixed but it took me an evening to get things back to working order.
Chances are if you have it installed on multiple PCs with the same key then you have the same issue I did.
newfiend

rich436

Post by rich436 » Mon May 12, 2014 8:42 pm

Hi, I'll try that after if Jason's doesn't work from Arcsoft. I did only have it installed just on my HTPC at first, but then I tried to see if TMT 6 would work on my laptop. That also doesn't. Cheers anyway and I'll let you know what happens.

rich436

Post by rich436 » Tue May 13, 2014 12:16 am

had a good idea a few hours ago. I did think about going back to Windows 7, but I sold it last year on eBay. But I thought what about changing from Windows 8 to windows 8.1. So I downloaded it on the laptop first, then I installed TMT 6. If the Plugin works, then I'll do the same on the HTPC. Guess what, the Plugin works. So I'll do the same on the HTPC, install Windows 8.1.

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Tue May 13, 2014 1:10 am

newfiend wrote:Do you have the software installed on more than 1 PC with the same key? If so I believe the latest update checks to see how many PC's your TMT6 software is installed on. If its more than 1 it disables some of it's features. I had it installed on my HTPC and Desktop PC and had to purchase a new key for the desktop PC after updating to the latest version to regain functionality.
That's interesting. I thought Arcsoft's policy was that you could install TMT on two systems (for example, your HTPC and a laptop).
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Tue May 13, 2014 8:58 pm

From ArcSoft's FAQ:
Can I apply one license to the program on multiple computers?

One license allows you to use one copy of the software or product on a single computer only. For each software licensee, the program can be "in use" on only one computer or hardware device at any given time. If you want to install the program on a new computer, please uninstall it from the old computer first, and then install it on the new computer. Please note that if you switch from PC to Mac or vice versa, you need to buy its corresponding version. As Mac and Windows versions are completely different products
newfiend~

rich436

Post by rich436 » Mon May 19, 2014 6:14 pm

Well I have installed Windows 8.1, as Windows 7 did get deleted. All ok now. Yes you can put TMT on more than one p.c using the same key. Just like putting Windows on more than one p.c. easy really. Also the same with PowerDVD. Anything.

rich436

Post by rich436 » Mon May 19, 2014 6:17 pm

Yes that's what I did, installed on my Laptop first, then on the HTPC. Wish there's an App for it, so I can control it by my iPad mini. Just like you can with PowerDVD.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Tue May 20, 2014 2:52 pm