Ceton InfiniTV Repair DRM PlayReady

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
Crash2009

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Crash2009 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:53 pm

mldenison wrote: on my Echo's I get a PlayReady update message which instructs me to update PlayReady on my HTPC. Yet there is no message on the HTPC in WMC.
I've had that happen before. I had to manually Update PlayReady by going in to WMC/TV Signal/Update PlayReady. Might be a bit more complicated for you and your dual ETH's.

seangrimes

Post by seangrimes » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:40 am

I've tried a lot of these fixes for the Playready issue, but could never get any of them to work. Here is something I figured out on my own that did work for me:

Wait 3 days (lol)
Uninstall playready from control panel (choose option that requires restart if promoted)
Uninstall digital cable advisor from control panel
Uninstall TV tuner drivers from control panel
Restart computer
Install digital cable advisor from WMC
Close WMC and reinstall TV tuner drivers
Restart computer
Go through live TV setup

Not sure why this works, but it does so I'm not complaining. Screwing with the registry and deleting files and folders seems to make things worse so I definitely prefer this method over any other method. When this happened a previous time, I was simply able to uninstall the Digital Cable Advisor, reinstall it and then go through Live TV setup. However, that didn't work after the a Windows update killed my Playready on 3 Windows 8 PC's!

Something else I must add. I have the Ceton Infinitv 6 eth and I've found that if I don't perform the steps as outlined above after a fresh install of Windows 8, WMC won't detect all of my network tuners, or it will detect all of them, but may only give me access to a few of them.

Hope this helps someone.
"Power is the ability to define reality and then to convince others that it is their definition."

seangrimes

Post by seangrimes » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:04 pm

Ok. Got it working and it was a lot easier than all of the other so called fixes.

I unplugged my router, switch, cable modem, tuning adapter and Infinitv 6 eth for about 2 hours. I then reconnected them and the Playready issue became a thing of the past!

I'm not sure what was holding me back, but I'm glad I'm back in business.
"Power is the ability to define reality and then to convince others that it is their definition."