Tuner Pooling

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
mldenison

HTPC Specs: Show details

Tuner Pooling

Post by mldenison » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:58 pm

I'm not having a whole lot of luck trying out tuner pooling.

I have a Windows 7 HTPC with two ETH's.

I have two other PC's in the house, both running Windows 7.

Yesterday, I thought it would be nice to use WMC on both PC's for Live TV and maybe recording the occasional show.

On the first PC I set up the TV Signal after installing the Ceton drivers. I had 12 tuners available and Live TV started playing well.

I did the same on the second PC.

My wife came home and switched on the Echo. She let me know that it was displaying 'Searching for tuners'.

I launched WMC on the HTPC and 'Searching for tuners'. I then set up the tuners again in WMC which fixed that and the Echo.

Both PC's now showed no tuners available.

So either tuner pooling is a bust or I didn't do something correctly.

Any ideas?

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:15 am

I finally got an idea. Is it possible that you might have an IP address conflict? Can you get into one of them if you power down the other? If so run the diagnostic on it and reset back to factory. Get them both back to factory IP's and start over. :lol: Get it right this time :lol:

I never installed two before, but I would assume one of them needs to have a non-factory IP. If the first one is (192.168.200.1) have you tried to make the other (192.168.200.2)

As I recall, when these ETH6's first came out, reading about peoples experience with them, it was about 50/50 success ratio. The 50% that hated them, hated them a lot.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:51 pm

And then there is the firewall thing. Is it possible that the ports need to be different for the 2 ETH's? You would think the install software should figure that out for you, but you never know. What does Ceton Support Say?

mldenison

Post by mldenison » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:13 pm

I gave it another try this weekend. I reset WMC on the two PC's and went through the TV signal setup again.

Both of them now see 12 tuners and my HTPC WMC setup is unaffected. I don't know what happened the first go round. The only difference this time is that I left WMC closed while setting them up.

Live TV works fine. The one PC has the 'Video Display Error' when Live TV is started in a WMC window. This goes away when I go to full screen. Going back to a window, it keeps playing. From what I've found via Google, this is a known problem with non Ceton stuff as well. It must be a WMC thing.

Both of them fail doing the PlayReady update, even after resetting PlayReady.

I'm going to ask Ceton about this. I can't see me being the only one to experience it.

Because of the hardware DRM, the two PC's may have issues playing back some Recorded TV programs on the HTPC. I haven't tried it yet since they're both being used with just Live TV.

The ETH IP's don't appear to be an issue, but thanks for the suggestions.