Installing My Media Center to Control Ceton Echo

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
azeducator

HTPC Specs: Show details

Installing My Media Center to Control Ceton Echo

Post by azeducator » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:57 am

I am using WMC on a Windows 7 OS. I recently purchased My Media Center for my smartphone and it controls WMC on my computer just fine. However, I would like to use it to control my Ceton Echo in another part of the house. Is this possible, and if so, I would appreciate any direction on how to perform this setup. Thank you.

miracleed

Post by miracleed » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:21 pm

find out the ip of the extender, edit your server selection in the my media center app to include both your win7 box and your echo. then when you launch the app you should be able to select which device to connect to. if i understand your question right i think that solves it.

i would definitely look at establishing static internal ips for your machines.

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:25 pm

Latest version of MMC doesn't work with extenders. There is a recent thread with links to an older version that does.

Miracleed, that's not how MMC works. You don't need the IP of the extender, only the IP of you server. Extenders are detected automatically and picked on the remote page, not when you launch the app.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:03 pm

It's been awhile since I setup mine, but if I were setting it up again today I would.......On the smartphone, inside the MMC App, tap the setting, Re-run initial setup. Make sure the Echo is turned on and working first.

miracleed

Post by miracleed » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:49 pm

bah, you are right. sorry about that mdavej/ chrash2009.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:22 am

azeducator wrote:I am using WMC on a Windows 7 OS. I recently purchased My Media Center for my smartphone and it controls WMC on my computer just fine. However, I would like to use it to control my Ceton Echo in another part of the house. Is this possible, and if so, I would appreciate any direction on how to perform this setup. Thank you.
Let's try this again. Yes MMC will control your Echo too. You probably have it set up correctly all ready as you said it works for your HTPC.

Which function would you like to perform on the Echo? Watch a movie? Watch live tv? Channel surf?

If you want to watch live tv, tap the Television icon at the bottom of the screen. Then tap guide. Pick a channel that you know you get and tap it. Then tap Tune Channel.........At this point you will be presented with several other things to tap. The top one is your HTPC. The next one down is your Echo (Mcx?-?????) Tap Mcx and your Echo should have changed to the channel you just requested.

clio_williams

Post by clio_williams » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:08 am

Hope nobody minds me jumping in here but I use the Ceton 'My Media Center' app on my iPhone and iPad and whenever I select 'Watch' on a recorded program I get the error "no devices available for playback". I have only one extender currently which is a Ceton Echo. This device works fine (most of the time).

I think I have seen this work in the past but sporadically. Also, in the past, I have used a Linksys DMA 2200 but I don't think this has had any bearing on the functionality of the 'Watch' button in 'My Media Center'.

For what it's worth I run my Media Center installation on a 32bit Windows 7 Virtual Machine hosted on VMWare ESXi 5.0 but I'm not sure this will have anything to do with the problem as it works perfectly in every other sense.

I have found very little info on this function online so any assistance, suggestions or tips would be gratefully received.

I'm 'technical' so any complicated suggestions would also be interesting.

Kind regards,

James

clio_williams

Post by clio_williams » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:16 am

Sorry, found the answer in another thread. The MCE PC needs to be logged in on the console for this to work. Being logged in on an RDP session is insufficient. Shame but not a big problem for me.

James