WMC detecting non-existent files

miteymitey

HTPC Specs: Show details

WMC detecting non-existent files

Post by miteymitey » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:09 am

I have my HTPC set up with three Raid 1 arrays, each consisting of two 2TB drives. My Windows 7 WMC is set up to scan those three locations for Movies. Ever since I set the system up about a year ago, WMC shows non-existent files in the results when it scans for movies. There are currently 41 such files that WMC is finding every time I start it up. All the files start with "$R" with an additional 6 alpha/numeric characters. At first it was just three or four such files coming up, but the number is growing and getting to be a pain. WMC won't let me delete the files from the list. I have gone through every file on the three arrays and can't find any files that start with "$" or "$R". Using Windows Explorer I've checked all the drives on the HTPC, including the 500GB OS drive, and can't find such a file, but they still keep coming up. At first I thought the files might be missed named movie files, but if you try to open one of them under WMC, it says it can't open that file. All six of the HDD's used in the RAID arrays were purchased brand new, formatted by me and have never been used for anything other than storing movie files. I am using software RAID via Windows 7 Pro.
Is anyone else having this problem? Any ideas on where these files are coming from or how I can get rid of them?

Thank You.