Time Warner changed channel lineup now receiving SDV 3 error

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
jamawass

HTPC Specs: Show details

Time Warner changed channel lineup now receiving SDV 3 error

Post by jamawass » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:47 am

Hi
Time Warner changed it's channel lineup this morning and now I'm having difficulty tuning channels. I downloaded the guide in WMC again but it still reflects the old lineup. How do I fix this? Thanks for any and all input.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:50 pm

Check Zap2It's website to see if the listings are correct there. If they are, then you should get correct listings in Media Center in a few days. If not, then contact Zap2It so that they will correct their listings.

In the mean time, you can manually setup the channels that are incorrect.

blueiedgod

Post by blueiedgod » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:56 pm

Do you have a Tuning Adapter from Time Warner?

cucamelsmd15

Post by cucamelsmd15 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:31 am

Someone else lives in NC?

I also have the same issue. TWC has no resolution. The channel maps we currently have are wrong.

Im sure they will update them next month....

cucamelsmd15

Post by cucamelsmd15 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:33 am

barnabas1969 wrote:Check Zap2It's website to see if the listings are correct there. If they are, then you should get correct listings in Media Center in a few days. If not, then contact Zap2It so that they will correct their listings.

I dont think you understand. TWC changed 1100+ channels. Its not as simple as editing one or two channels to make it work.

cucamelsmd15

Post by cucamelsmd15 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:36 am

FWIW, the listings are right here. Ive updated tonight, theyre not right in WMC. Not that it matters, since the channel map is still pointing to 1117 for ABC when it should be pointing to 1200.

http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlistings ... aid=zap2it

epayson85

Post by epayson85 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:03 am

Try a different source like schedules direct. I think they have a free 30 day trial. Sign up and download the XML and see what the channels are.... If they are correct get them injected into your guide. Its only $20 a year. I actually keep a subscription going for testing other DVR software and tinkering. Plus when FiOS first came to my area the guide was wrong a lot for a good year so it came in handy.

embj

Post by embj » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:13 am

I'm in NC, too, and was really worried coming into this morning that I'd be screwed with watching TV for awhile. However, I'm happy to report there is a solution (for those in the Raleigh area, at least)! Here's what I did...

1. Loaded up the infiniTV's webpage by going to http://192.168.200.1.
2. Went to the CableCARD tab and clicked 'Number of Channels,' where I saw it still had the old channel list in it. So, I clicked 'Clear Channel Map' to wipe out the old list (although, I'm not 100% certain if this matters, as I've heard that the channel maps that are actually used are pulled from the TA).
3. Went to the Log tab, typed 'reboot', and pressed 'Send' to reboot the CableCARD.
4. Power cycled the TA and waited for it to boot back up.
5. Went back to the CableCARD tab to make sure that I had the updated channel map. I had to reboot the CableCARD a couple of times to get it to pick up the channel map (for those folks in the Raleigh area, the number of channels went down from 380 to 218 for me).
6. Then, I tuned to channel 3 in MC to make sure that everything was still working.
7. After that I ran through the MC TV setup wizard.
8. Whenever it asked for the provider, I selected the one that said 'Time Warner Cable (Upgrade, Digital)." Make sure you select the one for your area that has "Upgrade" in it, as the others listed are the old channel lists. This only showed up in the MC TV setup wizard...it didn't and still doesn't show up on Zap2It's website for some reason. :?

After that, I was back in business...hope this helps!

JohnW248

Post by JohnW248 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:01 pm

Actually all you needed to do is:

1. Reboot the card (either restart the computer or use the reboot command)
2. Power cycle the TA and wait until it comes up with both upstream and downstream messages confirmation and is "ready"

3. Then go and tune a channel in Media Center

If you had set-up the system previously there is nothing else you need to do. The TA on reboot got the new channel map, the cableCARD channel map isn't used with the TA. You do NOT have to run tv set-up or provider etc as long as it is the same.

In most cases you have to do nothing, the TA will update the channel map and supply tuning information to the cableCARD and Tuner without user intervention.

cucamelsmd15

Post by cucamelsmd15 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:19 pm

JohnW248 wrote:Actually all you needed to do is:

1. Reboot the card (either restart the computer or use the reboot command)
2. Power cycle the TA and wait until it comes up with both upstream and downstream messages confirmation and is "ready"

3. Then go and tune a channel in Media Center

If you had set-up the system previously there is nothing else you need to do. The TA on reboot got the new channel map, the cableCARD channel map isn't used with the TA. You do NOT have to run tv set-up or provider etc as long as it is the same.

In most cases you have to do nothing, the TA will update the channel map and supply tuning information to the cableCARD and Tuner without user intervention.
Nope. I had to call TWC and have them push the new map. They are having issues with new maps not getting to tuning adapters, presumably one of the .1901 bugs, of which there seem to be many.

Secondly, Zap2it has renamed the restructure, so you will in fact have to re-run your TV setup in media center.

Lastly, if you use HD-only, HD-preferred or single channel numbers for any of your series recordings setups, they will have to be fixed. There are no more HD and SD channels, they have been merged, and HD content is no longer delineated in the guide.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:33 pm

FYI, the SDV errors are how WMC exposes the tune_status result. From the TRIF spec:
tune_status Tuning status
0x00 – Tuning resolution successful
0x01 – Tuning resolution cannot be determined at this time (Channel not available)
0x02 – Tuning resolution cannot be determined at this time (Network not available)
0x03 – Tuning information not available (channel or source not defined in table)
0x04 – Illegal channel number (i.e., >99,999)
0x05 – Invalid LTSID (LTSID greater than number of tuners)
0x06 – Invalid resolve_tuning_digest
0x07 – Source ID parameters not known
0x08 – Invalid tuner_use_status
0x09-0xFF - Reserved

0x03 means the channel number doesn't exist. As others have mentioned, restarting the TA will likely get it to pull a new map and work. There should be no need to clear the CableCARD channel map on the InfiniTV - when a TA is attached, it is used to resolve _all_ tuning requests (even non-switched channels) and the CableCARD's map is ignored.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

Kcuhcttenneb

Post by Kcuhcttenneb » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:05 pm

embj wrote:
1. Loaded up the infiniTV's webpage by going to http://192.168.200.1.
2. Went to the CableCARD tab and clicked 'Number of Channels,' where I saw it still had the old channel list in it. So, I clicked 'Clear Channel Map' to wipe out the old list (although, I'm not 100% certain if this matters, as I've heard that the channel maps that are actually used are pulled from the TA).
3. Went to the Log tab, typed 'reboot', and pressed 'Send' to reboot the CableCARD.
4. Power cycled the TA and waited for it to boot back up.
5. Went back to the CableCARD tab to make sure that I had the updated channel map. I had to reboot the CableCARD a couple of times to get it to pick up the channel map (for those folks in the Raleigh area, the number of channels went down from 380 to 218 for me).
6. Then, I tuned to channel 3 in MC to make sure that everything was still working.
7. After that I ran through the MC TV setup wizard.
8. Whenever it asked for the provider, I selected the one that said 'Time Warner Cable (Upgrade, Digital)." Make sure you select the one for your area that has "Upgrade" in it, as the others listed are the old channel lists. This only showed up in the MC TV setup wizard...it didn't and still doesn't show up on Zap2It's website for some reason.
Thanks so much for post this info!!!

I'm back up and running thanks to you (also in Raleigh).

I had to reboot the cable card something like eight times before I got a channel map. I tried it with MC both open and closed. FWIW, I think it was open when it acquired one, not sure if that matters or not. At any rate, don't give up, it may take a few tries.

--Chuck

jamawass

Post by jamawass » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:42 am

It took a week for my SDV adapter, cable card and ceton to work properly after numerous reboots of both the PC and adapter. The annoying thing now is that because neither SD or HD are flagged I have to zoom in and out now when switching channels if I want to avoid black bars with SD.

jfreiman

Post by jfreiman » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:38 am

barnabas1969 wrote:Check Zap2It's website to see if the listings are correct there. If they are, then you should get correct listings in Media Center in a few days. If not, then contact Zap2It so that they will correct their listings.

My Mom had the same issue last Monday. It took her 4 days to call me and inform me of the issue.

I talked her through Media Center's Tuner Setup again and she had new options for her TWC. 5 minutes later she was up and running and all her previous recordings transferred and "found" her shows on the new channel lineup.

Jim_IT

Post by Jim_IT » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:22 am

Got up this morning here in Charlotte, flipped on the media center and the first two channel changes resulted in SDV-3 error.

Tried tuning to a digital channel which previous existed and still exists, shows different programming than what is showing on the guide. Check of Zap2it shows the old channel lineup with no upgraded lineups available. Shoot off an email to them to tell them of the change.

Let's hope it's fixed after I get home and can fix it before primetime tonight.

Jim