App unable to detect extenders

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
MarkXIX

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by MarkXIX » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:22 pm

I have this same issue since I updated to the latest version of the software. The problem is that I'm under the impression that I HAVE to use the latest version of the software in order to run the application on my Windows 8.1 system.

I just confirmed that none of my extenders (three Xbox 360s and one Echo) show up unless I log into the PC and leave it logged in. Otherwise, the extenders work perfectly fine with no issues with the notable exception of being completely unable to control my Echo from any of the My Media Center apps (one on Win 8.1 tablet, one on Android tablet, and one on my iPhone).

werds

Post by werds » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:30 am

MarkXIX wrote:I have this same issue since I updated to the latest version of the software. The problem is that I'm under the impression that I HAVE to use the latest version of the software in order to run the application on my Windows 8.1 system.

I just confirmed that none of my extenders (three Xbox 360s and one Echo) show up unless I log into the PC and leave it logged in. Otherwise, the extenders work perfectly fine with no issues with the notable exception of being completely unable to control my Echo from any of the My Media Center apps (one on Win 8.1 tablet, one on Android tablet, and one on my iPhone).
Long running issue at this point with no active response that I have seen http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... =63&t=6238 Other users have claimed to get it to work using older versions of the software (I have yet to test that myself but will soon!)
Last edited by werds on Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

werds

Post by werds » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:32 am

TheOsburnFamil wrote:
Polen wrote:You are correct... The new version is the problem. I found an older version, 13.2.26.1062, here http://ceton-my-media-center.software.i ... /download/ and it works great.
thanks for this! this version solved my problem. after removing both the current prod and beta versions that are posted on cetons sore and reinstalling with this, my extenders now show up in the various pull down menus for remote.control.
Awesome, looks like I will be installing this as well. Glad someone has made some headway somewhere with it!

UCBearcat

Post by UCBearcat » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:04 pm

I'm glad that I found this thread - I don't use the feature often, but when I went to use it the other day, I found that I couldn't select any of my extenders as well. I'm using 13.10.20.199.
I found that I have a 13.1.x.x installer saved on my system, but it appears the 13.2.x.x version is a little newer. The issue that I'm concerned about - at some point Ceton is going to update the iOS/Android app, and it will require us to update the Windows portion. For people who auto-update their apps, this could cause some issues.

Has anyone opened a support ticket with Ceton on this yet? I notice that Ceton employees don't seem to be quite as active in the forums... We could always count on Motz to give us a quick and solid answer, but since his departure - I feel like this app isn't paid much attention.

rickhantz

Post by rickhantz » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:37 pm

I put the latest version on my Win7 WMC and it still doesn't see my Xbox 360 extender.
Since I moved my HTPC to under my TV, I really don't need the extender, at least for that TV, so I'll uninstall it.
Now that the holidays are over, maybe they'll fix it.

Polen

Post by Polen » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:07 am

UCBearcat wrote:Has anyone opened a support ticket with Ceton on this yet? I notice that Ceton employees don't seem to be quite as active in the forums... We could always count on Motz to give us a quick and solid answer, but since his departure - I feel like this app isn't paid much attention.
I opened a service request. They reproduced the problem and said the next version would fix it. No ETA. :crazy:

gator99

Post by gator99 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:06 am

Any updates to this issue?

gator99

Post by gator99 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:39 am

I have to wonder why ceton links to these forums for support if items like these go for months or longer unresolved

Marduk

Post by Marduk » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:48 am

Another issue I noticed is that if you remote desktop into the box, (I only tested logging in as the same user that I log into the PC when I start), you are no longer able to control devices. Seems the RDP session breaks something in the My Media Center connection.

Rebooting fixes the problem...

I'd be curious if anyone else notices this (or even cares) before I report it to Ceton...

UCBearcat

Post by UCBearcat » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:50 pm

gator99 wrote:I have to wonder why ceton links to these forums for support if items like these go for months or longer unresolved
Very disappointing, really. When the app first came out, there was plenty of buzz about it and regular updates. Now, the most recent version broke a previously working feature... and all we get is silence. I'd be interested to know when the last time a Ceton employee posted in the My Media Center section.

I've read all of the Ceton bashing about the Echo, and I've stayed away from it - but this forum IS THE ONLY outlet for support for this app, and they just ignore it. At least I only paid a few bucks for it... Could be worse, I suppose. (i.e. I could have bought an Echo).

End rant.

gator99

Post by gator99 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:10 pm

Still holding out hope or can someone point me to previous versions of app and/or server to try

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:23 pm

gator99 wrote:Still holding out hope or can someone point me to previous versions of app and/or server to try
Previous working server version was posted months ago:
http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 499#p67499

Latest app still works with it.

gator99

Post by gator99 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:27 pm

Thank you