WMC spurious recording conflict message

Whiznot

HTPC Specs: Show details

WMC spurious recording conflict message

Post by Whiznot » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:33 am

I record from an HD Homerun Prime with three networked tuners using WMC and Wndows 7 64 bit. The HDHR software includes a Quick TV app for viewing live TV. Whenever I am watching live with Quick TV, scheduled live recordings move to the next available tuner and are recorded but WMC reports a spurious conflict. Can anyone here suggest a solution. Thanks.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:43 am

I've only occasionally accessed my tuners from other devices (laptop PC, smartphone), but I don't know if I've ever done it while recordings were in progress. My question/advice is... why would you be using Quick TV? / Don't do that.

Why not just watch live TV in Media Center? Quick TV is basically just for testing purposes.

Whiznot

Post by Whiznot » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:24 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I really liked the way Quick TV showed the channel lineup by mousing over to the left for fast channel changes without having to remember channel numbers but I'm going to give live WMC viewing a chance. Maybe I'll change.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:28 pm

Whiznot wrote:without having to remember channel numbers
Do you know that there is an Electronic Program Guide in Media Center? There is even a "mini guide"... just press the up or down arrow on your remote/keyboard while you are watching live TV. You can even create a list of favorite channels in the guide. While viewing the guide, press the left arrow a few times until you see the default list of filters. There, you can add your own favorites lists. Also, you can jump to the last-viewed channel by pressing enter/ok while watching live TV.

Whiznot

Post by Whiznot » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:41 pm

Yes, I've got the EPG configured as I like with GuideTool and MyChannelLogos.

You've convinced me that I should use WMC for live viewing. Thanks for the help.